Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dear MormonDiscussions.com users and readers:

It is with regret that I announce something that many of you may have already noticed anyway: liz3564 has decided to relinquish her role as a moderator.

Rather than re-hash all the goings-on that led up to this, I'll just cut to my conclusion: I believe her when she says that she didn't use any privileged information (specifically, I.P. addresses) accessible to her as a moderator when she did her detective work.

Nevertheless, several people here believe otherwise. To keep the board functioning normally, it is of utmost importance that the goodwill of you, the users, be preserved, so I have accepted her resignation (not that I could've forced her to continue moderating anyway, but you get the idea). She's still a registered user, though.

She spared me a whole lot of the routine "grunt" work of moderation, which I highly appreciate, so I'd like to continue receiving such help in the future. Ren and Scottie, two other moderators, aren't around much (if at all) anymore, so that leaves me, harmony, and EAllusion to tackle it all.

TO THE POINT: Does anyone want to be a moderator? If so, now's your chance. Here are the baseline requirements:

• You must be a god, i.e., you must have a minimum of 1,000 posts.
  • You must not be a habitual breaker of the rules. I.e., you must not be one of the ones who routinely post or hint at other posters' real-life information, evade the word-censor, start off-topic threads in the Terrestrial Forum, etc.
  • You must be willing to be a "clone" of me, moderating exactly and precisely the same way I would. No implementation of a new "vision," no privileging your friends, no penalizing people you dislike, etc.
  • You must not have too many "enemies" on either side of the believer/disbeliever fence. Again, I need to preserve everyone's goodwill or otherwise keep them confident that their real-life information will remain secure.
  • You must be willing to clear out your "foes" list. I.e., you must be willing to have NOBODY on "ignore" (otherwise you won't catch things they post that require moderation).
  • Preference will be given to those who routinely report posts, because I know that A) they watch the board, and B) they care about rule violations.

Should you wish to join this group, please nominate yourself and ONLY YOURSELF in this thread. NO NOMINATION OF OTHERS; I want this thing to be 100% voluntary. WHEN YOU SEE PEOPLE NOMINATING THEMSELVES, please send me a private message if you do NOT want the person to become a moderator, telling me why not. Normally I'd start a poll for each potential moderator, like I did last time, but with the latest "upgrade" the poll feature no longer works.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

Post by _Kishkumen »

I would volunteer, but I think it is fairly obvious that such an arrangement would not work. I am too well liked by all sides. Hehehe.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

There are some posts I would never be able to move off-topic. I'm biased.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

I do not meet all the criteria.
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_quaker
_Emeritus

Post by _quaker »

My vote is for any user who has dropped sufficient information to allow for vindictive anonymous stalking should they ever fall short of the lofty standards held on this forum.

Therefore my approval list includes:

Darth J, LDSToronto, zeezrom, Kishkumen, Cam4, Derrick, Eric, Infymus, Blixa, Daniel Peterson, Paul Osborne and Ray.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

I nominate Honorentheos and Quasimodo. These two have long struck me as being very fair and even-keeled.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Ceeboo would be if he had more posts. Honor and Quasi are good picks. I think consig would do well too. As would gramps.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Joey
_Emeritus

Post by _Joey »

Tough job to fulfill.  I think you need to find someone who has no real life, is dependent upon gov't or is given  the time a "self proclaimed academic" has, or just find one of those "Internet Hermits" - a guy who's only fame and self promoted esteem is spent behind a computer screen.  WTF - Peterson is your guy!!!!!!  Given his situation, you could pay him at a fraction of your website cost!  And you probably get his other partner in his same shoes, Hamblin, for free!  It's a no brainer!!!!

Set up shop in the Olivewood Bookstore!!!
"It's not so much that FARMS scholarship in the area Book of Mormon historicity is "rejected' by the secular academic community as it is they are "ignored". [Daniel Peterson, May, 2004]
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Peterson and Hamblin are partners? Do tell!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Thank you, Shades, for your kind words, and for allowing me to be a part of your Moderating Team for 5 years.

If I were going to nominate someone to take my place, it would be Scratch. He is the one who called for my resignation, and I don't think that he, or the majority of posters here will be truly happy unless he has a more key role in the running of the board.