Millstones Along the Way: Interpreter Foundation Turns 8

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tom
_Emeritus

Re: Millstones Along the Way: Interpreter Foundation Turns 8

Post by _Tom »

LOL. If I make a few bucks in a future game, I may send them to A. Wyatt, who, I understand, is working a second job keeping Interpreter's weekly posting streak alive and receiving little to no thanks or recognition from his colleagues for his editorial labors (e.g., does his name appear anywhere in the published volumes?).
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac
Tom
Area Authority

Millstones Along the Way: Interpreter Foundation Turns 10

Post by Tom »

Let me be the first person to wish a very happy birthday to the Interpreter Foundation. The Foundation is now ten years old. (It seems like only yesterday that the Foundation was created over never-ending soup, salad, and breadsticks inside Provo's Olive Garden restaurant.) I and 67 of my closest friends celebrated the occasion last weekend by feasting on 5Dollar Pizza specialties that included BBQ Chicken Pizza, Chicken Alfredo Pizza, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, Ulti-meat Pizza, Artichoke Heart Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, unlimited Wacky Bread, Ranch Stix, Cinnamon Bread, Gourmet and Premium Calzones, the Man Salad, Santa Fe Salad, and Fruit Pizza. Each of us washed down our meals with jugs of Utah Valley’s very best non-caffeinated root beer.

Following dinner, we watched humorous outtakes from Witnesses, including a great scene in which "Joseph Smith" accidentally drops a wooden box supposedly holding the gold plates and a pile of sand comes pouring out and repeated takes in which "Oliver Cowdery" simply cannot maintain a straight face when "Joseph" claims that he and Fanny Alger "were sealed by the power of God and under His authority."

In honor of the Interpreter Foundation's tenth birthday, I present some statistics for the past year or so (thanks to the Relief Society sister in Parowan for calculating the numbers):

66: number of pieces published in Interpreter in the past year.
31: number of pieces written by individuals affiliated with the Interpreter Foundation. These 31 pieces represent 47% of the pieces published in Interpreter in the past year.
39: number of authors published in Interpreter in the past year.
14: number of authors published in Interpreter in the past year who are affiliated with the Foundation (36% of the authors published in Interpreter in the past year).
4: number of authors published in Interpreter in the past year who are women (10% of the authors published in Interpreter in the past year).

Congratulations to the Foundation on a great year!

(Note: I regret that I cannot change the thread title to reflect that the Foundation has turned ten.)
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Thanks for marking the day, Tom! Congratulations to the folks at Interpreter. Alas, I was not present to join you all for pizza, Tom.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:15 am
Thanks for marking the day, Tom! Congratulations to the folks at Interpreter. Alas, I was not present to join you all for pizza, Tom.
Kishkumen, you’ll be pleased to know that attendees made several toasts to Cassius administration and faculty members during the party. And I saved you some cold-brewed root beer (in a sharp-looking commemorative Interpreter plastic milk jug).
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857