End Mormon Sexually Invasive Interviews

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Rambo
_Emeritus

End Mormon Sexually Invasive Interviews

Post by _Rambo »

This had a huge impact on my life growing up. I felt extreme guilt having to be interrogated about my sex life since I was 12. Asking 12 year olds about masturbation is wrong and this needs to be stopped. Have the balls to like this page and help put a stop to this type of practice.

https://www.Facebook.com/pages/No-More- ... 2079732706
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Re: End Mormon Sexually Invasive Interviews

Post by _bcspace »

Didn't we just have a thread on this?

In all my 25 plus years of interviewing, I have never asked youth or adults about masturbation, nor have I been counseled to, except in cases where there already was a more serious sin involved. I myself have never been asked.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Stormy Waters

Post by _Stormy Waters »

Again for those who doubt whether youth have been asked about masterbation this is from general conference.

I am sorry to tell you that there are men in high places who have some fairly major moral problems, even as youth have the same problems.

We shouldn’t have a problem with masturbation. I know one fine father who interviewed his 11-year-old son and he said, “Son, if you never masturbate, the time will come in your life when you will be able to sit in front of your bishop at age 19, and say to him, ‘I have never done that in my life,’ and then you can go to the stake president when you are interviewed for your mission and tell him, ‘I have never done that in my life.’ And you would be quite a rare young man.”

The father again interviewed the young man, who is now 18 years old, and he asked the son about masturbation. The son said, “I have never done that in my life. You told me, Dad, that if I didn’t do that, I would be able to sit in front of the bishop and stake president and tell them I had never done it, and I would be a rare young man, and I am going to be able to do it.”

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1975/04/a-self-inflicted-purging?lang=eng

I hope the efforts to end this practice are successful.
_Rambo
_Emeritus

Post by _Rambo »

bcspace wrote:Didn't we just have a thread on this?

In all my 25 plus years of interviewing, I have never asked youth or adults about masturbation, nor have I been counseled to, except in cases where there already was a more serious sin involved. I myself have never been asked.

Yeah but now there is a Facebook page.

You should "like" it bcspace because you obviously disagree with this type of questioning as well. Even if you think we are all liars you should like it just in case one of us is telling the truth!
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

Throughout the 1970's these interviews were common in Stakes in Orange County, California.
I want to fly!
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

Interestingly, these interviews never asked if you were a bully.
I want to fly!
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Yes, I completely agree with this. The LDS Church does need to end Sexually Invasive Interviews with young People under the age of 18 years old.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Jonah
_Emeritus

Post by _Jonah »

bcspace wrote:Didn't we just have a thread on this?

You must be the exception then. Consider yourself lucky...or "blessed".

I myself was asked at EVERY interview I had during my Aaronic Priesthood days.
Red flags look normal when you're wearing rose colored glasses.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Every time I was given a new copy of the "For Strength of Youth" pamphlet, I would flip over to the section that mentions masturbation. I don't know why really. It was scary to see it in a religious context and also a little kinky to be reading something about this while at church. The mixture of religion and masturbation was just so poisonously tantalizing for me. It is what solidified my religious experience.

This was similar to bishop interviews. I never listened to much he said because I was anticipating the bomb - his questions about sex. My hands would shake as I waited for it to come.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

This was similar to bishop interviews. I never listened to much he said because I was anticipating the bomb - his questions about sex. My hands would shake as I waited for it to come.

Afraid he would notice the stubble on your palms?
:lol:
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.