bcspace: "LDS doctrine accepts all science" WHAT?!?!?!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Re: bcspace: "LDS doctrine accepts all science" WHAT?!?!?!

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

Chap wrote:So, why annoy yourself reading him?

I have to admit it's morbidly fascinating to watch someone whose perception of self is so totally at odds with reality.
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Bob Loblaw wrote:
Chap wrote:So, why annoy yourself reading him?

I have to admit it's morbidly fascinating to watch someone whose perception of self is so totally at odds with reality.

If it's for real, maybe. But if it's just a troll act put on to waste your time?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

Chap wrote:If it's for real, maybe. But if it's just a troll act put on to waste your time?

Then it's an amazingly well-crafted troll persona, which invites its own sort of morbid curiosity. I mean--what kind of person puts this much effort into maintaining a troll identity through thick and thin over years, especially one so completely bizarre? If the persona weren't so consistently ridiculous, I'd almost believe it was a tag-team effort.

The thought that such a person actually exists is mind-boggling, isn't it?
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Chap wrote:Don't you think it is time for bcspace to go on ignore?

He is not interesting.

He is not amusing.

He is (at the most charitable) radically inconsistent or (at the least charitable) a liar.

He is extremely unlikely to persuade anybody that Mormonism is remotely plausible.

So, why annoy yourself reading him?

I won't speak for Bob (he speaks better than I do, anyway).

I don't think bc is a candidate for ignore (I don't even have Tobin or ldsfaqs on ignore). I never agree with him, but I like the fact that he is here.

He is never obnoxious or demeaning in a personal way. Whatever else, you will have to admit that he is always a gentleman (by MDB standards, anyway). His posts may or may not reflect his true opinions, but they always generate some interesting discussions without being insulting.

I think bc is good for this board. If we all agreed, MDB would be a boring place.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

Quasimodo wrote:I won't speak for Bob (he speaks better than I do, anyway).

I don't think bc is a candidate for ignore (I don't even have Tobin or ldsfaqs on ignore). I never agree with him, but I like the fact that he is here.

He is never obnoxious or demeaning in a personal way. Whatever else, you will have to admit that he is always a gentleman (by MDB standards, anyway). His posts may or may not reflect his true opinions, but they always generate some interesting discussions without being insulting.

I think bc is good for this board. If we all agreed, MDB would be a boring place.

I'm happy he's here. He makes no sense, and yet he has this unearned sense of accomplishment that I find totally endearing. We would lose a lot were he to leave.