bcspace: "LDS doctrine accepts all science" WHAT?!?!?!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_beefcalf
_Emeritus

bcspace: "LDS doctrine accepts all science" WHAT?!?!?!

Post by _beefcalf »

So as not to continue the derail in Gadianton's thread here...

bcspace wrote "Fortunately, LDS doctrine accepts all science." which is obviously false.

To bcspace: LDS doctrine and theology mandates a literal acceptance of Noah's flood. Science rejects Noah's flood.

You are wrong.
eschew obfuscation

"I'll let you believers in on a little secret: not only is the LDS church not really true, it's obviously not true." -Sethbag
_beefcalf
_Emeritus

Re: bcspace: "LDS doctrine accepts all science" WHAT?!?!?!

Post by _beefcalf »

LDS doctrine mandates that Adam was created and did not have blood flowing in his veins prior to 'the fall'. This is complete crap which science properly rejects.
eschew obfuscation

"I'll let you believers in on a little secret: not only is the LDS church not really true, it's obviously not true." -Sethbag
_beefcalf
_Emeritus

Post by _beefcalf »

LDS doctrine makes the claim that the sun gets its light from Kolob. Science has properly informed us that the sun is powered by nuclear fusion. Once again, you are wrong, wrong, wrong.
eschew obfuscation

_beefcalf
_Emeritus

Post by _beefcalf »

LDS doctrine states that the amount of melanin in a person's skin is determined by how well they keep god's commandments. Science has informed us that there are other, genetically determined reasons why various people have varying amounts of melanin in their skin.

bcspace=wrong.
eschew obfuscation

_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Science has rejected none of these or there is no such doctrine. Call me when you actually have something.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

bcspace wrote:Science has rejected none of these or there is no such doctrine. Call me when you actually have something.

Of course science has rejected none of these. Science was what discovered them in the first place.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Called2Swerve
_Emeritus

Post by _Called2Swerve »

bcspace wrote:Fortunately, LDS doctrine accepts all science.

And unfortunately science rejects all LDS doctrine!
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Thanks for starting this thread, beefcalf.

To bcspace: LDS doctrine and theology mandates a literal acceptance of Noah's flood. Science rejects Noah's flood.

You are right of course, and BCSpace is caught in an instance of lying. BCSpace himself has said more than once that Noah's flood, as a global flood that submerged the entire world in water, is official doctrine because of the Parry article on it in the Ensign. BCSpace has then gone on to say that he's "somewhat" apostate because he rejects this as doctrine.

So indeed, BCSpace is lying when he now says that a global flood isn't doctrine. He's said so himself more than once on this very board.

Too bad BCSpace never brought that friend or relative he's spoken of who questioned the Church, and to whom he provided answers that allegedly satisfied this person, to this board, to watch how badly he gets his ass kicked in debates on a daily basis.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

I like bcspace (!!! --- NO conteo, please --- !!! )I am hetero. (100%, for ceeboo or zeezrom ...)

bcspace is the embodiment of the TBM. In crystallized form
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Maxrep
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxrep »

How about them four dudes that have each managed to become centenarians twenty times over? How many deceased folk were reanimated to visit Joseph?

It is almost as if BCspace has challenged us to a foot race, and despite being spotted the first 90 yards out of 100, he has no chance at all :).

Science and Mormonism, two peas in a pod!
I don't expect to see same-sex marriage in Utah within my lifetime. - Scott Lloyd, Oct 23 2013