Jeff Lindsay Wades into the Book of Abraham Morass at Interpreter

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Jeff Lindsay Wades into the Book of Abraham Morass at Interpreter

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:48 pm
If the Book of Abraham had come before the Book of Mormon, what would be the apologetics for Book of Abraham then?
They would have found Early Modern English in it also... :lol:
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:31 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:48 pm
If the Book of Abraham had come before the Book of Mormon, what would be the apologetics for Book of Abraham then?
They would have found Early Modern English in it also... :lol:
... where the second "E" stands for "Egyptian"?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:17 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:34 am
I'm still waiting for the magic number reveal. I wasted many hours in the temple trying to figure out the holy number .... lol

What magic number are your referring to? What do you mean?
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 2?lang=eng

In fac no. 2, Joseph Smith gets tired of making up stuff and just phones it in as it were:
Fig. 8. Contains writings that cannot be revealed unto the world; but is to be had in the Holy Temple of God.

Fig. 9. Ought not to be revealed at the present time.

Fig. 10. Also.

Fig. 11. Also. If the world can find out these numbers, so let it be. Amen.

Figures 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 will be given in the own due time of the Lord.

The above translation is given as far as we have any right to give at the present time.
Before I went to the temple, I would look at the facsimilies and the explanations during church because there wasn't anything else to read or look at while being bored to death. I thought that I would find out these secret translations in the temple because Joseph Smith says Fig 8 would be revealed there .....
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:28 pm

In fac no. 2, Joseph Smith gets tired of making up stuff and just phones it in as it were:
Fig. 8. Contains writings that cannot be revealed unto the world; but is to be had in the Holy Temple of God.

Fig. 10. Also.

Figures 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 will be given in the own due time of the Lord.

The above translation is given as far as we have any right to give at the present time.
Before I went to the temple, I would look at the facsimilies and the explanations during church because there wasn't anything else to read or look at while being bored to death. I thought that I would find out these secret translations in the temple because Joseph Smith says Fig 8 would be revealed there .....

Joseph Smith was all too happy to provide interpretations for the persons and things in Facsimile No. 2, but NOT the writing. Smith knew that if he took a definite string of hieroglyphic characters or characters within a specific register and published that translation in the Times and Seasons, translating like from French to German or in this case Egyptian into English, he would be accountable before the world and it could be questioned. Smith knew he couldn't read the writing and he didn't chance it by pretending to do so, thus he made general statements about certain strings of characters having to do with so-and-so or such-and-such. He felt safe in saying whatever he wanted about the pictures but the writing was another story and he didn't chance that.

Figures 8-21 are all about the writing and so he generalized it as a mystery and even challenged the learned men of the earth to try and figure it out. Smith knew the Egyptian language was dead although he also knew that learned men were working on it and wanting to figure it out. He learned at least that much from Chandler, the man who sold him the mummies.

Now, here is something important and I want you to remember this. PHILO SOFEE, are you there, are you listening to me, bro? The Kirtland Egyptian Papers were not meant for the public eye. Those were private documents maintained by Joseph Smith and locked up in the President's office -- EYES ONLY! Smith never intended for those things to be published but were working papers for him and known to his trusted scribes. It was part of the game and his magic act he was playing in order to fool his trusted lieutenants. The only reason we have access to those papers today is because Smith was killed and Young took custody of the original documents along with Willard Richards and later locked them up in the secret Church vault in Utah.

Now, where Smith really took a chance was in Facsimile No. 3, which was the third and final installment of the Book of Abraham publication in the Times and Seasons. Smith took a chance with some of the writing and in doing so stuck his neck out and I have relentlessly been at this for year after year on this message board reminding readers it is the smoking gun. Smith identified writing as a king's name and other writing to have the name Shulem in it and presumable Olimlah. Those are 100% fake translations coming from Joseph Smith. They cannot be vindicated in any way. It is 100% false and Smith knew it but couldn't resist the opportunity to stick his neck out and here I am 179 years later cutting his head off on the chopping block in which he made! Smith did it to himself. I'm just letting the blade fall where it will, right on his neck and all I have to do is point it out. It's a done deal. I defy anyone to prove otherwise. I defy John Gee to get his little pussy-self over here on this message board and show how I'm wrong and make me look bad. Just try it, John Gee, just try. You need your ass kicked, professor!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Shulem wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:17 pm

What magic number are your referring to? What do you mean?

Fig. 10. Also.

I actually thought the same thing and looked for them as well! :lol:
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:12 am
Dr Exiled wrote:

We were silly to think that or insert your own Kevin Christensen gaslighting explanation that blames the victim.

However, maybe, just maybe there is some hidden meaning in the temple ceremony that corresponds to the secret numbers, etc? Could it be? It might be like some kind of Bible code that mere mortals like us haven't had the wisdom or humility to self-gaslight discover? I'll have to fast and pray about this one. The journey begins!!!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:37 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:12 am

We were silly to think that or insert your own Kevin Christensen gaslighting explanation that blames the victim.

However, maybe, just maybe there is some hidden meaning in the temple ceremony that corresponds to the secret numbers, etc? Could it be? It might be like some kind of Bible code that mere mortals like us haven't had the wisdom or humility to self-gaslight discover? I'll have to fast and pray about this one. The journey begins!!!
Ayiyi... well... it's a rather arduous, long journey amigo... we probably ought to at least pack a good bologna sandwich lunch with chips and cookies and a canteen of water, we're gonna need it.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:47 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:37 am

Ayiyi... well... it's a rather arduous, long journey amigo... we probably ought to at least pack a good bologna sandwich lunch with chips and cookies and a canteen of water, we're gonna need it.
Luv ya buddy! Listening to one of your podcasts now. Love your dedication and enthusiasm.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem
Now, here is something important and I want you to remember this. PHILO SOFEE, are you there, are you listening to me, bro? The Kirtland Egyptian Papers were not meant for the public eye. Those were private documents maintained by Joseph Smith and locked up in the President's office -- EYES ONLY! Smith never intended for those things to be published but were working papers for him and known to his trusted scribes. It was part of the game and his magic act he was playing in order to fool his trusted lieutenants. The only reason we have access to those papers today is because Smith was killed and Young took custody of the original documents along with Willard Richards and later locked them up in the secret Church vault in Utah.
I will ponderize this carefully.......