Ex'ing Ordain Women participants

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Ex'ing Ordain Women participants

Post by _Maksutov »

Taking bets on when/if this will happen.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Re: Ex'ing Ordain Women participants

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

It would be a PR disaster if they did, so I'm betting they don't.
_Shiloh

Post by _Shiloh »

Maksutov wrote:Taking bets on when/if this will happen.

Pretty sure they won't. PR nightmare.
_Tim the Enchanter
_Emeritus

Post by _Tim the Enchanter »

Just thinking out loud here....

If it is a PR decision not to take disciplinary action against Ordain Women participants, do you think those in authority admit to themselves that their lack of action is due to PR reasons? I guess what I'm asking is whether the leaders have to convince themselves that they are not avoiding taking disciplinary action for PR reasons because if they acknowledge it's a PR decision, doesn't that also acknowledge that they are not doing what God really wants them to do? Or do they convince themselves that God's priority is PR? Do they think it's preferable to keep the Ordain Women participants in the church for some reason despite their rebellion?

Putting my TBM hat on, I think I'd justify not taking action agains them because I'd conclude that ex'ing them would cause more collateral damage (their kids and families leaving the church) than keeping them in and striving to minimize their influence. I wonder how the leaders see it.
There are some who call me...Tim.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Exing them all would be a PR nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they punished one of the leaders as an example to the rest. I imagine they might find another reason for the action to have a little plausible deniability, but it would have a chilling effect.

I bet on one excommunication where it's the scariest.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

The Church loses PR-wise without some excommunications because such only encourages the dissenters.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Maksutov wrote:Taking bets on when/if this will happen.

I doubt it will happen. The Church is much more concerned about PR these days. They will still kick out and odd ball like Denver Snuffer here and there but anything that has the public eye not a chance. And OW has the public eye.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

bcspace wrote:The Church loses PR-wise without some excommunications because such only encourages the dissenters.

Cowards! :mrgreen:
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

bcspace wrote:The Church loses PR-wise without some excommunications because such only encourages the dissenters.

And God knows the Church can't tolerate free thought or dissenters. A house of cards can't take much shaking.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Hasa Diga Eebowai
_Emeritus

Post by _Hasa Diga Eebowai »

-
Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.