Letter to a CES Director

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Letter to a CES Director

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

www.cesletter.com

Has anyone read this? It's absolutely spot on regarding the issues that shocked many of us into apostasy. I hope the Mormon church sees the writing on the wall, because it won't get better.

V/R
Dr. Cam
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Re: Letter to a CES Director

Post by _sunstoned »

It is is a very well written and well crafted document. I believe it is telling that the CES Director never responded.

I keep a copy on my phone ready to share just in case I get any more inquires about why I no longer believe.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

It is is a very well written and well crafted document.

'Crafted' is the operative word here. You guys are so invested in your apostasy that there's too much pride for you to admit you allowed yourselves to be swayed by erroneous information, or even outright lying and deception. This was seen recently in a series of threads on the plural marriages/sealings of Joseph Smith when such was demonstrated.

Some of you hold yourselves up as being so intelligent that there can essentially be no other motive than a desire to sin.

:lol:
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Simon Southerton
_Emeritus

Post by _Simon Southerton »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:http://www.cesletter.com

Has anyone read this? It's absolutely spot on regarding the issues that shocked many of us into apostasy. I hope the Mormon church sees the writing on the wall, because it won't get better.

V/R
Dr. Cam

You need to get out more Doctor (or maybe I do!). This letter has been around for a while and has helped many people out of the church. FAIR wrote a pathetic bcspace-styled response in which they pretty much conceded most of the claims. This gave Jeremy Runnells (the author of the CES letter) an opportunity to further expose the apologists.
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 11, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

bcspace wrote:You guys are so invested in your apostasy that there's too much pride for you to admit you allowed yourselves to be swayed by erroneous information, or even outright lying and deception.

Will you please point out the instances of erroneous information, or even outright lying and deception, in that document?

Thanks in advance.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_darth_bill
_Emeritus

Post by _darth_bill »

I was in the Facebook group that Jeremy was in while he was writing that letter. It was a work of art from the first draft, and he wrote it more out of annoyance with his father at the time. I think it is one of the more concise criticisms out there.

It works differently with different people. I'd been so steeped in apologies and struggling with religion. My wife, a saint in all regards, took a look at the different FV stories, proclaimed that "The a@@**** made it up." , took off the Gs and she was done. So much for my decade of silent struggle.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

bcspace wrote:'Crafted' is the operative word here. You guys are so invested in your apostasy that there's too much pride for you to admit you allowed yourselves to be swayed by erroneous information, or even outright lying and deception. This was seen recently in a series of threads on the plural marriages/sealings of Joseph Smith when such was demonstrated.

Some of you hold yourselves up as being so intelligent that there can essentially be no other motive than a desire to sin.

:lol:

99.99% of your fellow posters here could have predicted your response, 100% if I include you.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Simon Southerton wrote:
You need to get out more Doctor (or maybe I do!). This letter has been around for a while and has helped many people out of the church. FAIR wrote a pathetic bcspace-styled response in which they pretty much conceded most of the claims. This gave Jeremy Runnells (the author of the CES letter) an opportunity to further expose the apologists.

Hello Dr. Southerton,

I finished reading the Debunking FAIR piece yesterday, and thought the manner in which he and his team responded was perfect.

Which is the problem for the Church. There just isn't any good way to defend itself without a thorough reformation.

I suppose we'll see where the chips fall...

V/R
Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Simon Southerton wrote:

Hello Dr. Southerton,

I finished reading the Debunking FAIR piece yesterday, and thought the manner in which he and his team responded was perfect.

Which is the problem for the Church. There just isn't any good way to defend itself without a thorough reformation.

I suppose we'll see where the chips fall...

V/R
Doc

And the assured gerontocracy makes a thorough reformation damn near impossible.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

sock puppet wrote:And the assured gerontocracy makes a thorough reformation damn near impossible.
We see the light on the other end of the tunnel.

Sometimes the octogenarians tell the heptogenarians which of the hexagenarians should be pensioned. (I am not certain in spelling)
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei