Yet another John Dehlin "hit piece?"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Yet another John Dehlin "hit piece?"

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

Well according to Steven Smoot

by the way, one blogger, apparently with a straight face, incredulously asked, "What exactly has John Dehlin done wrong?"

That's a good question, and one that has been thoroughly answered.*

*And this only covers stuff Dehlin had been doing up to 2012. I have in my possession another document (that will hopefully see the light of day sometime soon), almost as long, synthesizing Dehlin's attacks on the Church since 2012.

Good grief!
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Re: Yet another John Dehlin "hit piece?"

Post by _consiglieri »

Stephen Smoot has become an angry young man.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

One would think that after Smith's disastrous hit piece, they would have learned their lesson. I guess Smoot doesn't recall that Smith's paper was the beginning of the end for DCP and his minions at MI.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Smoot must think it's open season on Dehlin again.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

consiglieri wrote:Smoot must think it's open season on Dehlin again.

Well, honestly, once they stamp the excommunicated label on John, the work has already been done.

Moral of the story: You can criticize the hell out of fellow church members. But dear God don't criticize the leaders.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Here you have it wrong, my friend.

Elder Oaks told us just two months ago there is "no up or down in the service of the Lord," and that a stake president is "equally honorable" with a ward nursery leader.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri
_Arrakis
_Emeritus

Post by _Arrakis »

consiglieri wrote:Stephen Smoot has become an angry young man.

To me he comes across as a self righteous prick.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Tomayto Tomahto
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

consiglieri wrote:Smoot must think it's open season on Dehlin again.

It is. Now that Mormon Interpreter is its own entity, divorced from BYU, the OMIDs are free again to do whatever they want.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Arrakis wrote:
consiglieri wrote:Stephen Smoot has become an angry young man.

To me he comes across as a self righteous prick.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB