The Mid-Length, Mostly Unhappy Life of Franklynn Carmichael

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bret Ripley
_Emeritus

Re: The Mid-Length, Mostly Unhappy Life of Franklynn Carmich

Post by _Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Blixa wrote:Bump.

Gonna have to be doing this a lot now.

So when the thread goes to the top of the forum, people will be excited, thinking that Bob Bobberson has posted a new installment, only to be disappointed that you merely bumped it.

Not nearly as disappointing as this little poop-nut:
Fantastic strategy.

Yeah, 'cause bumping a thread isn't already a longstanding tradition on message boards. Or anything.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Bret Ripley wrote:Yeah, 'cause bumping a thread isn't already a longstanding tradition on message boards. Or anything.

It's a longstanding tradition, but it's an annoying one when the "bumper" doesn't add any new content beyond the word "bump" or something.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Bret Ripley
_Emeritus

Post by _Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bret Ripley wrote:Yeah, 'cause bumping a thread isn't already a longstanding tradition on message boards. Or anything.

It's a longstanding tradition, but it's an annoying one when the "bumper" doesn't add any new content beyond the word "bump" or something.

I suppose we all have our crosses to bear.

If Bobberson doesn't post something soon, I am going to nominate him(?) for MDB's George R. R. Martin Award.
_Flaming Meaux
_Emeritus

Post by _Flaming Meaux »

Bret Ripley wrote:If Bobberson doesn't post something soon, I am going to nominate him(?) for MDB's George R. R. Martin Award.

Only if Bobberson comes to this thread first and tells us all that he (?) is not our bitch and isn't going to stay chained to his (?) desk just so we have something entertaining to read.

Seriously though, where's the next Bobberson installment, bitch?
_Flaming Meaux
_Emeritus

Post by _Flaming Meaux »

Nearly two months since a Bobberson installment?

Surely we have all offended the Bobberson. Perhaps we should not have changed the manner in which threads were pinned at the top of the forum. Perhaps I should not have sarcastically referred to the Bobberson as 'bitch.' Perhaps more people should be clamoring for Bobberson so that the Bobberson knows that its intercession is needed.

When mere asking for Bobberson does not yield the desired result, should we not organize a group fast so that the Bobberson will know that our requests are really sincere?
_Molok
_Emeritus

Post by _Molok »

IM SORRY I HURT U BOB, PLZ COME BACK
_Hasa Diga Eebowai
_Emeritus

-

Post by _Hasa Diga Eebowai »

-
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Flaming Meaux wrote:

When mere asking for Bobberson does not yield the desired result, should we not organize a group fast so that the Bobberson will know that our requests are really sincere?

Maybe we could make some offering such as a lamb on the rotisserie or a pasta salad with feta cheese.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

moksha wrote:
Flaming Meaux wrote:

Maybe we could make some offering such as a lamb on the rotisserie or a pasta salad with feta cheese.

Or better yet, perhaps we can offer him a young virgin, of course just a few months shy of her 15th birthday. Maybe that will work some magic!
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Bret Ripley wrote:If Bobberson doesn't post something soon, I am going to nominate him(?) for MDB's George R. R. Martin Award.

Hasa Diga Eebowai wrote:Maybe there needs to be some kind of atonement to bring her back?

Hasa, I question the gender of "Bob" like Bret does.....how did you conclude "Bob" was female?

Either way I miss the stories.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015