John Dehlin Stake President update 8/23/14

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Equality
_Emeritus

Re: John Dehlin Stake President update 8/23/14

Post by _Equality »

mormonstories wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Since they don't use their real names on this board, I respectfully request that you use their chosen screen names, and not anything else, when referring to them on this board. That's an even better way to avoid connecting their aliases to their real names, methinks.

Thank you.

So to be consistent, from now on can you forbid them from using my real name?

Done for all my posts in this thread. Now, care to stop deflecting and answer my question: where did I slander you?
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_mormonstories
_Emeritus

Post by _mormonstories »

Rosebud,

If you have nothing better to do with your life, then by all means milk the innuendo/slander for as long as you can (or for as long as the moderators will allow). You can only play this game until you decide to reveal whatever information you claim to have. Once you do, I will respond (with facts/evidence), and the chips will fall. Then I wonder what histrionics you will pull afterwards. I'm sure you will think of something...but over time...folks will figure you out. They already are. In droves.

What a life you have made for yourself. I hope you are happy with the bed you've made. For us, life is better than ever.

All the best to you and yours.
_mormonstories
_Emeritus

Post by _mormonstories »

Equality wrote:Done for all my posts in this thread. Now, care to stop deflecting and answer my question: where did I slander you?

Equality and Mayan - I honestly don't see either of you as worthy of serious dialogue. I see you as disruptive cyber-thugs who only derive attention from other people's work/efforts...but who contribute nothing in and of yourselves. I have zero interest in engaging in meaningful dialogue with you. Not because I'm scared to do so...but because I see it as a complete waste of time. I may defend myself from time to time from your obsessions, but I won't lie. It makes me sad to think about what life you both must be leading to think that you have nothing better to do than to obsess about me.

Anyway...no. Won't engage. Not interested. But I do wish you both a better life. Certainly you can do better than this with your time. Or maybe not?

Adios for now.
_mormonstories
_Emeritus

Post by _mormonstories »

Dr. Shades wrote:Since they don't use their real names on this board, I respectfully request that you use their chosen screen names, and not anything else, when referring to them on this board. That's an even better way to avoid connecting their aliases to their real names, methinks.

Can I start new threads using their real names, if I never connect their names to their aliases? If folks can do that with me (or DCP, or LM, or whomever), then why can't I do that with them? Again...seems fair.
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

mormonstories wrote:
Equality wrote:Done for all my posts in this thread. Now, care to stop deflecting and answer my question: where did I slander you?

Equality and Mayan - I honestly don't see either of you as worthy of serious dialogue. I see you as disruptive cyber-thugs who only derive attention from other people's work/efforts...but who contribute nothing in and of yourselves. I have zero interest in engaging in meaningful dialogue with you. Not because I'm scared to do so...but because I see it as a complete waste of time. I may defend myself from time to time from your obsessions, but I won't lie. It makes me sad to think about what life you both must be leading to think that you have nothing better to do than to obsess about me.

Anyway...no. Won't engage. Not interested. But I do wish you both a better life. Certainly you can do better than this with your time. Or maybe not?

Adios for now.

You accuse me of slander. I ask you to point it out. I assume if you could you would. Instead, you run away. But not without first resorting to personal attacks--in a condescending manner. When your narcissistic rage doesn't work to browbeat us into silence, you exit without engaging. This may work for people who have not seen you do it time and again over many years. For those of us familiar with the schtick, it's getting old. You won't engage because you can't control the discussion. You can't delete my posts or ban me from the forum (as you typically do). In the open environment of MDB, where you are asked to back up your assertions and accusations, you bow out of the discussion. It has nothing to do with my or Mayan's "worthiness" and everything to do with your inability to answer the call when challenged.

To pull out the "I am saddened" card is a nice touch, though.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hello Shades! :smile:

Dr. Shades wrote:Since they don't use their real names on this board, I respectfully request that you use their chosen screen names, and not anything else, when referring to them on this board.

Another very kind and polite response/request.
Although I certainly value, admire and appreciate these qualities you display, I must confess that I'm a little puzzled by all of this.

The MDB should never allow - under any circumstance - the in real life names of any MDB member to be posted on the public board. Given that multiple in real life names have been plastered all over this thread, I am not only concerned for the entire MDB community, I am also feeling quite perplexed by the entire debacle.

I don't care who the person is that is engaging in this type of action (nor do I care what motives and/or reasons people might offer in an attempt to excuse such an action) it is unacceptable, period!

In the extremely unlikely event that the in real life names of MDB members will be posted for the 18th time (I am confident that it will stop at 17. Especially since you have now made this very nice request that this not be done - twice at this point in the process. :smile: ) might I suggest that you place a little more emphasis and weight in this MDB rule - why it is in place - why it is critical - and why it is widely followed by the great majority of this entire collective community.

Thank you.

Peace,
Ceeboo

(Mayan Elephant and Rosebud: It will take a bit of time to delete your real names, but please rest assured that they will be deleted.)

I think you forgot at least one (Equality) up to this point in the thread - but be patient - there may be more coming?
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

mormonstories wrote:
Can I start new threads using their real names, if I never connect their names to their aliases? If folks can do that with me (or DCP, or LM, or whomever), then why can't I do that with them? Again...seems fair.

oh geez. let the silliness continue. is that your biggest concern? sammy jankins used your real name in a thread title?

that was a spectacular effort to get banned, though. i will acknowledge that. zany too but spectacular nonetheless. i am glad it was unsuccessful. maybe with a cool-down we can actually discuss something of substance.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

sunstoned wrote:It does not look like this is going to end well for John.

Precisely the way he has wanted it for some years now.

Why cry over milk not yet spilled?
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

consiglieri wrote:As to the situation with John Dehlin and his stake president--

Car, meet tree.

Crash test dummy, meet wall, is probably more apropos...
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

By the way, slander is not defined as "someone said something true about me that I don't want people to know." If that were the definition of slander, mormonstories might have a case. The naked emperor was not slandered by those who dared point out he had no clothes.