Elder Ballard explains female equality on Ward Councils....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Elder Ballard explains female equality on Ward Councils....

Post by _Bazooka »

Now, sisters, while your input is significant and welcome in effective councils, you need to be careful not to assume a role that is not yours. The most successful ward and stake councils are those in which priesthood leaders trust their sister leaders and encourage them to contribute to the discussions and in which sister leaders fully respect and sustain the decisions of the council made under the direc­tion of priesthood leaders who hold keys.

http://janariess.religionnews.com/2014/ ... riesthood/

So listen up girls, by all means speak up but when the men talk the debate us over.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Re: Elder Ballard explains female equality on Ward Councils.

Post by _sunstoned »

Condescending and patronizing, all in the same talk. I really dislike Ballard.
_Tchild
_Emeritus

Post by _Tchild »

sunstoned wrote:Condescending and patronizing, all in the same talk. I really dislike Ballard.

A wonderful change occurs after leaving Mormonism. The crotchety opinions of LDS leaders go right into the same mental garbage bin as guys like this:

_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Perhaps he's stuck in the 50's.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Spanner
_Emeritus

Post by _Spanner »

I can't believe they published this in this month's Ensign.
_Sister Mary Lisa
_Emeritus

Post by _Sister Mary Lisa »

I absolutely believe they posted it. Time and again the church leaders opt to cinch the controls tighter rather than loosen them when an issue gains press. Probably this is part of their response to those pesky women asking for the Priesthood. Get back in line and shush.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Sister Mary Lisa wrote:I absolutely believe they posted it. Time and again the church leaders opt to cinch the controls tighter rather than loosen them when an issue gains press. Probably this is part of their response to those pesky women asking for the Priesthood. Get back in line and shush.

Right on time, too. GC is right around the corner.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

I can't believe the women who have dared post comments on this thread.
You should wait until you're asked to contribute.....
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

OMG.

How do they think they will get away with this kind of rhetoric in today's world?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Maxrep
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxrep »

Bazooka wrote:
Now, sisters, while your input is significant and welcome in effective councils, you need to be careful not to assume a role that is not yours. The most successful ward and stake councils are those in which priesthood leaders trust their sister leaders and encourage them to contribute to the discussions and in which sister leaders fully respect and sustain the decisions of the council made under the direc­tion of priesthood leaders who hold keys.

http://janariess.religionnews.com/2014/ ... riesthood/

So listen up girls, by all means speak up but when the men talk the debate us over.

Ahh, another reference to these nebulous "KEYS".

Is it like a man holding the couples car keys...like a man holding the remote?

" cooperative wife, I value your input with regards to the television program we will watch tonight, and will give any recommendations you offer their due consideration. In the end, please remember that I hold the remote"
I don't expect to see same-sex marriage in Utah within my lifetime. - Scott Lloyd, Oct 23 2013