Kishkumen: Modernity unchecked

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Cicero
_Emeritus

Re: Kishkumen: Modernity unchecked

Post by _Cicero »

Equality wrote:Not enough commas for it to be Droopy.

Also, any post from Droopy longer than two sentences must always include the word "Left."
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

I'd have to agree. The OP is very droopy-esque.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Seems about time for anther bout of Belmont.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Fence Sitter wrote:Seems about time for anther bout of Belmont.

Ah, Belmont. Yes, we fondly remember the days when he pretended to have a sense of humor.

Would it be possible to recapture those halcyon days?

One suspects not.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

DrDarbyLDS wrote:
sock puppet wrote:I'm curious, DrDarbyLDS, what was unlawful about DCP's dismissal from NAMIRS?

I think it was motivated for reasons that stand in violation of Title VII EEO 42 US Code Chapter 21.

You do know that Title VII protects individuals from adverse employment decisions because of an individual's "race, color, religion, sex, or national origin" (42 United States Code §2000e-2(a) (Civil Rights Act §703(a))), right?

Please identify which of these 5 protected demographic parameters you assert that was the improper motivating purpose behind DCP's dismissal?

And you do know, I'm sure, that Title VII exempts "a religious corporation, association, educational institution, or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such corporation, association, educational institution, or society of its activities" (42 United States Code §2000e-1(a) (Civil Rights Act §702(a))), right?

Are you saying that BYU, of which NAMIRS is a part, is not an educational institution with respect to DCP's (and others') employment of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by the LDS Church? and that the religious exemption does not apply to BYU?
_Yahoo Bot
_Emeritus

Post by _Yahoo Bot »

I don't understand the opening post, or else I chose not to read beyond the first three sentences. But I agree that Kish is a deeply disturbed and conflicted individual. Not dangerous, of course, but not internally consistent. Ayn Rand would have a field day with such a person.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Yahoo Bot wrote:I don't understand the opening post, or else I chose not to read beyond the first three sentences. But I agree that Kish is a deeply disturbed and conflicted individual. Not dangerous, of course, but not internally consistent. Ayn Rand would have a field day with such a person.

Indeed. A "field day." Thus revealing herself to be the kook we all know she was yet again.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Stumpy Pepys
_Emeritus

Post by _Stumpy Pepys »

Yahoo Bot wrote:I don't understand the opening post, or else I chose not to read beyond the first three sentences. But I agree that Kish is a deeply disturbed and conflicted individual. Not dangerous, of course, but not internally consistent. Ayn Rand would have a field day with such a person.

which one would be playing for the "unchecked modernity" team? Rand, or Kish?
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

I think it is Gadianton at his satirical best. It displays an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of Cassius U. References to Flaubert, Rosenberg, Marx, Alfred Hitchcock, juxtaposed with an obscure reference to the "goddess suite" indicate a wide range of interests.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

It is obviously Stak. Jesus people. His posts contain both his academic interests and writing style to the point that someone would have to be trying hard to ape him if it wasn't him. In fact, it's so clearly Stak that I guess I'm being a jerk for pointing it out since this is a fun little ditty he is doing here.