Kishkumen: Modernity unchecked

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Kishkumen: Modernity unchecked

Post by _honorentheos »

EAllusion wrote:It is obviously Stak. Jesus people. His posts contain both his academic interests and writing style to the point that someone would have to be trying hard to ape him if it wasn't him. In fact, it's so clearly Stak that I guess I'm being a jerk for pointing it out since this is a fun little ditty he is doing here.

Yeah. I was with you before, but willing to take his denial on good faith. This...too many tells.

Add to your points trolling kish (in good fun) AND DCP AND Liz in the OP...bourgeois???? ...kinda hard to see anyone else who even makes a close second candidate. I almost thought the title was a chat invite just on it's own.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Now that you mention it, Stak makes more sense than Darth J.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Racer
_Emeritus

Post by _Racer »

DrDarbyLDS wrote:Earlier today I was having a jaunty e-mail exchange with the good Dr. Peterson when he expressed to me some of his vexations concerning certain online personas on this board who seek with due diligence to drag his name through mud every chance they can get. Some even go so low as to take personal failures and tragedies of his (unlawful dismissal from N.A.M.I.R.S. is a good example of this)...]

Holy jeez! Am I the only one around here who remembers that DCP wasn't fired or dismissed from NAMIRS? He straight up quit NAMIRS in a scorched earth ragegasm over being released as editor of FARMS Review. There will be an endless debate on whether DCP was fairly or unfairly replaced as editor. What shouldn't be debated is that DCP threw the baby out with the bath water and resigned in a scathing email to Gerald Bradford. DCP's reignation email was leaked, is in the public domain, and the facts are undeniable that DCP quit NAMIRS.

Yet we have Dehlin sycophants triumphantly claiming Dehlin is some kind of mighty giant slayer by getting DCP fired from NAMIRS on one side, and on the others side, we have DCP sycophants weeping over the martyrdom of DCP by "heathens" who infiltrated NAMIRS and successfully plotted to get him fired/dismissed. In essence everyone is busy masturbating with glee or flagellating themselves over DCP's firing when in fact, he was never fired. He QUIT!!!

Yeah, DCP was completely fired/dismissed from NAMIRS just like Thomas B. Marsh left the church over an argument about milk strippings. :rolleyes:
Tapirs... Yeah... That's the ticket!
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Racer wrote:Yeah, DCP was completely fired/dismissed from NAMIRS just like Thomas B. Marsh left the church over an argument about milk strippings. :rolleyes:

That may just be the most cruel comparison ever made involving DCP... or Thomas B. Marsh--I don't know which.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Holy crap. I'm sure Kishkumen feels about as high right now as those posters on ARM who were subjected to the words of your signature line back in the Nineties, Dr. Darby. I had never considered his breaks with tonality to be evidence of uncompromising modernism, and especially capitalism, in his thinking, which is contrary to his outward attacks on red-blooded Americans who break their backs at mine and mill to serve each other with goods and services.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_6EQUJ5
_Emeritus

Post by _6EQUJ5 »

Racer wrote:
DrDarbyLDS wrote:Earlier today I was having a jaunty e-mail exchange with the good Dr. Peterson when he expressed to me some of his vexations concerning certain online personas on this board who seek with due diligence to drag his name through mud every chance they can get. Some even go so low as to take personal failures and tragedies of his (unlawful dismissal from N.A.M.I.R.S. is a good example of this)...]

Holy jeez! Am I the only one around here who remembers that DCP wasn't fired or dismissed from NAMIRS? He straight up quit NAMIRS in a scorched earth ragegasm over being released as editor of FARMS Review. There will be an endless debate on whether DCP was fairly or unfairly replaced as editor. What shouldn't be debated is that DCP threw the baby out with the bath water and resigned in a scathing email to Gerald Bradford. DCP's reignation email was leaked, is in the public domain, and the facts are undeniable that DCP quit NAMIRS.

Yet we have Dehlin sycophants triumphantly claiming Dehlin is some kind of mighty giant slayer by getting DCP fired from NAMIRS on one side, and on the others side, we have DCP sycophants weeping over the martyrdom of DCP by "heathens" who infiltrated NAMIRS and successfully plotted to get him fired/dismissed. In essence everyone is busy masturbating with glee or flagellating themselves over DCP's firing when in fact, he was never fired. He QUIT!!!

Yeah, DCP was completely fired/dismissed from NAMIRS just like Thomas B. Marsh left the church over an argument about milk strippings. :rolleyes:

How many times does it need to be explained that John Dehlin has gone on the record several times confirming that HE is to thank for the DCP departure. Why you trust DCP over John Dehlin is beyond me.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:Holy crap. I'm sure Kishkumen feels about as high right now as those posters on ARM who were subjected to the words of your signature line back in the Nineties, Dr. Darby. I had never considered his breaks with tonality to be evidence of uncompromising modernism, and especially capitalism, in his thinking, which is contrary to his outward attacks on red-blooded Americans who break their backs at mine and mill to serve each other with goods and services.

There are some evils so subtle, so deeply ensconced in the cockles of a sickly heart, that only a Drippy-esque prankster can sniff them out.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Gadianton wrote:Holy crap. I'm sure Kishkumen feels about as high right now as those posters on ARM who were subjected to the words of your signature line back in the Nineties, Dr. Darby. I had never considered his breaks with tonality to be evidence of uncompromising modernism, and especially capitalism, in his thinking, which is contrary to his outward attacks on red-blooded Americans who break their backs at mine and mill to serve each other with goods and services.

Prof Robbers, it's not often that I disagree with anything that you say (though I must admit that sometimes I may have disagreed if I could have understood the depths of your thinking on certain topics).

However, I would like to ask if you may possibly have misspoken in your reference to Kishkumen's "breaks with tonality".

Have you listened to the man's music? Do you not hear the genius in it?

Please consider that Kishkumen may not have broken with tonality at all, but rather that he may have transcended tonality, or may have entered a higher order of tonality.

Would it be too bold of me to describe Kishkumen as not only a superb example of an internet tonalist, but also the prime exemplar of New Order Tonality.

Chapel tonalists and orthodox tonalists have clearly been surpassed by Kishkumen's magnificent tones.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

malkie wrote:Have you listened to the man's music? Do you not hear the genius in it?

Please consider that Kishkumen may not have broken with tonality at all, but rather that he may have transcended tonality, or may have entered a higher order of tonality.

Would it be too bold of me to describe Kishkumen as not only a superb example of an internet tonalist, but also the prime exemplar of New Order Tonality.

Chapel tonalists and orthodox tonalists have clearly been surpassed by Kishkumen's magnificent tones.

:biggrin:

Transcended tonality. Just how far is your tongue lodged in your cheek anyway?

Thanks, malkie. That was a delightful post.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_DrDarbyLDS
_Emeritus

Post by _DrDarbyLDS »

Thank you, Gadianton, for being the only person to substantially engage my post. I take my lead from the venerable Levi-Strauss in his insightful 'Le Cru et le cuit', Kishkumen's avant-garde music is just the surface and seems benign. The truth is, the music is actually propped up by a deep structure. The music is a symbol, but Kishkumen's system or structure of organizing and interpreting those symbols is rotten with Modernism.
Anti-Mormonism either has explicitly or implicitly a theory of Mormon identity that is unprincipled in the treatment of that which it scorns with uncompromising assertions” - Dr. Jack Darby 4/10/98