John quits Podcasting

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

John quits Podcasting

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

http://mormonexpression.com/

i suppose, based on my experience and participation, that podcasting can be a thankless endeavor. looks like Mormon Expressions is going to try and keep it going with a new host. I nominate Neutral Observer.

Beginning in 2015, John will be moving on from hosting the Mormon Expression podcast and instead focus his time and attention on building the White Fields Educational Foundation. White Fields is dedicated to assisting individuals in creating healthy individual identity after leaving fundamentalist religions. White Fields is the parent company of Mormon Expression.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: John quits Podcasting

Post by _canpakes »

Does this mean that his bishop + SP won that round?
_hank rearden
_Emeritus

Post by _hank rearden »

canpakes wrote:Does this mean that his bishop + SP won that round?

Larsen, not D-man. If I recall correctly, he resigned from the Corporation of the President Yadayada few years ago.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can get along with anyone if you'll spot them two character flaws." The Oracle of Bedford, IN, even one Tug Beal, of Whom I am merely a messenger
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

it means that all your conspiracies can come true, i think. or that john is moving on to something else, it could possibly just mean that.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_son of Ishmael
_Emeritus

Post by _son of Ishmael »

Good luck to him in what ever he does. He cranked out some great podcasts that helped me put into words a lot of the thoughts and feelings I was experiencing on my way out of the church.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk - Tom Waits
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

hank rearden wrote:

Larsen, not D-man. If I recall correctly, he resigned from the Corporation of the President Yadayada few years ago.

Look at that... this is what I get for not getting around to sorting out my podcasts or clicking on the link. Bad, bad.

I will commit to penance now by having a cup of overly hot coffee, which will be the liquid version of twenty lashes. At least it may wake me enough to figure out that this John is not the Dehlin version.
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

I'm confused. Are "Mormon Expression" and "Mormon Stories" the same thing? If not, is John Dehlin just quitting the one and not the other? Thanks in advance.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Rollo Tomasi wrote:I'm confused. Are "Mormon Expression" and "Mormon Stories" the same thing? If not, is John Dehlin just quitting the one and not the other? Thanks in advance.

John Larsen = ME
Mormonstories = Mormon Stories
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Mayan Elephant wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:I'm confused. Are "Mormon Expression" and "Mormon Stories" the same thing? If not, is John Dehlin just quitting the one and not the other? Thanks in advance.
John Larsen = ME
Mormonstories = Mormon Stories
I freely admit I was having a senior moment here. I confused the two Johns. My apologies.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Rollo Tomasi wrote:I freely admit I was having a senior moment here. I confused the two Johns. My apologies.

Just wait until you find out there was more than one John in the New Testament. :cool: