Open question to John Dehlin ???

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Open question to John Dehlin ???

Post by _kairos »

John

Without divulging a game plan we here on the board would ask that you update us on your situation-Are you are or are you not in the process of being Excommunicated from the CJLDS?

Thanx

kairos

Sushi on me the next time in Logan :smile:
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Open question to John Dehlin ???

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

kairos wrote:Sushi on me the next time in Logan :smile:

Use a fork next time. :lol:
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Zadok
_Emeritus

Post by _Zadok »

Quick thread-jack....

Question: Is the sushi in Logan made with Bonneville Cisco from Bear Lake?
A friendship that requires agreement in all things, is not worthy of the term friendship.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

kairos wrote:John

Without divulging a game plan we here on the board would ask that you update us on your situation-Are you are or are you not in the process of being Excommunicated from the CJLDS?

Thanx

kairos

Don't know if you want to count me as a reliable proof source but....I am a member of John Dehlin's private Facebook group (nothing special after all they accepted me in the group) Yesterday he posted that one of his friends with connections to his SP gave him an advance noticed that the SP intends to hold a church chourt after the holidays.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Zadok
_Emeritus

Post by _Zadok »

Craig Paxton wrote: Yesterday he posted that one of his friends with connections to his SP gave him an advance noticed that the SP intends to hold a church court after the holidays.
Just a serious question here. In a 'court of love' the high council is divided into two groups. One to stand for the Church's interests, and one group supposedly to stand for the accused.

Has anyone here EVER heard of the six members standing for the accused, convincing the rest of the group that the matter should NOT go forward? Would it even be hypothetically possible that John Dehlin would be summoned, and sent away with a vote of "No Action"?
A friendship that requires agreement in all things, is not worthy of the term friendship.
_NorthboundZax
_Emeritus

Post by _NorthboundZax »

I don't think they really stand for the accused, but rather are to ensure that the accused is given due process.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

NorthboundZax wrote:I don't think they really stand for the accused, but rather are to ensure that the accused is given due process.

It's just a sham either way.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Zadok
_Emeritus

Post by _Zadok »

NorthboundZax wrote:I don't think they really stand for the accused, but rather are to ensure that the accused is given due process.
Not to nit-pic but the idea that any so-called 'court of love' has anything even remotely related to legal due-process is a figment of your imagination.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Zadok wrote:
Not to nit-pic but the idea that any so-called 'court of love' has anything even remotely related to legal due-process is a figment of your imagination.

correct. It is total sham.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

So he is like a lamb with an appointment with the slaughterhouse?
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !