Mormonism - Q-Anon Style

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tim
Star A

Mormonism - Q-Anon Style

Post by Tim »

There is a new branch of Mormonism. Did you know Brigham Young murdered Joseph Smith on behalf of the Rothchilds.
https://religiondispatches.org/a-new-mo ... -doctrine/
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Mormonism - Q-Anon Style

Post by Res Ipsa »

Wild!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

21% of Mormons believe the Qanon nonsense... incredible. I would never have guessed it was that high.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gorilla
Last edited by Cultellus on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:02 pm
drumdude wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:58 pm
21% of Mormons believe the Qanon nonsense... incredible. I would never have guessed it was that high.
79% of exmormons believe that 100% of Mormons believe the Qanon nonsense..... incredible.
The interesting part is that it is fundamentally an anti-authoritarian movement. You see this with Mormons refusing to follow their leaders on vaccines.

The mainstream LDS church is going to split open like a coconut.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Oh, boy. Witnesses has a competitor!
Phil Davis and the Doctrine of Christ anticipate a movie premier, The Return of Joseph Smith, on April 15 at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. The movie offers an alternate history to the LDS succession era, and answers people’s deepest questions as they seek meaning in an uncertain world.
Up article a bit:
According to Doctrine of Christ supporters, the virus and subsequent vaccine is part of the “Arch Tyrant” plan to depopulate 90% of the earth. One article pointed to the United Nations as central to this mission, with others citing the Illuminati, Masons, Jesuits, and other entities historically linked to end times apocalypticism. The conspiracies that found their place in American homes and internet forums became doctrine.

Currently, Doctrine of Christ has 367 YouTube subscribers and 231 followers on social media. The movement is small, but its existence makes sense within the context of new Mormon groups that emerged within the last decade, and it’s likely to continue growing.
For sure, just look at what Internet Mormonism is producing - a modern day schism such as DezNat, Mormon Interpreter, and various other groups of people creating their own version of Mormonism that suits their own way of thinking about the world. You have dozens of schismatic philosophies drawing people away from analogue Mormonism, and creating a new digital Mormonism that’s tailored to the individuals sensibilities.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:28 am
Oh, boy. Witnesses has a competitor!
Phil Davis and the Doctrine of Christ anticipate a movie premier, The Return of Joseph Smith, on April 15 at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. The movie offers an alternate history to the LDS succession era, and answers people’s deepest questions as they seek meaning in an uncertain world.
Up article a bit:
According to Doctrine of Christ supporters, the virus and subsequent vaccine is part of the “Arch Tyrant” plan to depopulate 90% of the earth. One article pointed to the United Nations as central to this mission, with others citing the Illuminati, Masons, Jesuits, and other entities historically linked to end times apocalypticism. The conspiracies that found their place in American homes and internet forums became doctrine.

Currently, Doctrine of Christ has 367 YouTube subscribers and 231 followers on social media. The movement is small, but its existence makes sense within the context of new Mormon groups that emerged within the last decade, and it’s likely to continue growing.
For sure, just look at what Internet Mormonism is producing - a modern day schism such as DezNat, Mormon Interpreter, and various other groups of people creating their own version of Mormonism that suits their own way of thinking about the world. You have dozens of schismatic philosophies drawing people away from analogue Mormonism, and creating a new digital Mormonism that’s tailored to the individuals sensibilities.

- Doc
If only a real prophet could be found to unify the doctrines and schisms of Christ...
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Tim wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 pm
There is a new branch of Mormonism. Did you know Brigham Young murdered Joseph Smith on behalf of the Rothchilds.
Ducks produce ducks, lions produce lions, poets produce poetry, and nutjobs produce religion... this all makes sense in the weirdest of ways. Wacky man!
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:33 am
Tim wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 pm
Ducks produce ducks, lions produce lions, poets produce poetry, and nutjobs produce religion... this all makes sense in the weirdest of ways. Wacky man!
But have you talked to Ceeboo about: Whales & Racoons?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

malkie wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:33 am

But have you talked to Ceeboo about: Whales & Racoons?
I have not. Perhaps I am missing out on something?