Abominable Religions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Abominable Religions

Post by _mocnarf »

I would have to agree all religions are an abomination. If you were to rank them from most abominable to least abominable how would you rank them? My list would have to start with Islam.

Islam
Catholic
Eastern Orthodox
Greek Orthodox
Jewish Orthodox
etc

Mormonism would be near the least abominable on my list. Were would it rank on your list?

What would be the top three most abominable and the three least abominable on your list?
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Abominable Religions

Post by _Maksutov »

Islam at the top. Unitarian Universalist at the bottom. Everybody else in between. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

I don't think Islam is at the top. I think radical Islam might be, but then radical anythingism is usually abhorrent.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Bazooka wrote:I don't think Islam is at the top. I think radical Islam might be, but then radical anythingism is usually abhorrent.

Good point. Stalin's atheistic government probably killed more than Islam in its entire history.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Zadok
_Emeritus

Post by _Zadok »

Is the ranking based on size or policies. I think Mormonism would be much higher on the list if the craziness affected 500 million people world wide... 15 million, with 70% inactive isn't a very big force, Salt Lake City's propaganda notwithstanding.
A friendship that requires agreement in all things, is not worthy of the term friendship.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses, Scientology and the Raelians are high up on my list.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson