Kwaku on the Offensive Against Radio Free Mormon!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: Kwaku on the Offensive Against Radio Free Mormon!

Post by consiglieri »

So I’m guessing the Mormonism you grew up with didn’t limit eternal families to the celestial kingdom.

Good grief.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm
So I’m guessing the Mormonism you grew up with didn’t limit eternal families to the celestial kingdom.

Good grief.
What does an eternal family consist of? How would an eternal family differ from say, your Uncle Ted and Aunt Martha who celebrated their 50th Anniversary, more in love than the day they were married…but they were Jewish…and they died without the gospel. They go to the Spirit World and aren’t too keen on being joint heirs with Christ. So, what becomes of their relationship? What do you think? How will it be different for them compared to a righteous LDS couple, married in the temple, with their marriage ratified by the Holy Spirit of Promise?

Interested in your thoughts.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

RFM, you need to get ready for tonight's show about homosexual stuff so quit worrying about Mormon families and arguing with MG. The show starts soon.

Mormonism LIVE
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Roger that, Shulem.

MG remains exhausting, once more pretending the Mormonism you and I grew up with is suddenly super- inclusive.

Tally-Ho!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

The gaslighting continues .....
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:53 pm
Roger that, Shulem.

MG remains exhausting, once more pretending the Mormonism you and I grew up with is suddenly super- inclusive.

Tally-Ho!
The version of Mormonism he is pedaling is unrecognizable from the church I grew up in, served a mission for, gave many years of my life to...
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

consiglieri wrote:
Roger that, Shulem.

Tally-Ho!
I may actually have a leg on you two. Born in 1954. My dad served in the Korean Conflict.

Churched in the LDS faith since I was a wee lad.

Grew up in he same church as you guys. I read Sunstone and Dialogue while a teenager before I served a mission. How about that!

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

The Stig wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:29 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Roger that, Shulem.

Tally-Ho!
The version of Mormonism he is pedaling is unrecognizable from the church I grew up in, served a mission for, gave many years of my life to...
I am at a loss. Can you clue me in on how my upbringing and experience in the church was much off the beaten path. Granted, as I’ve said, I grew up in a home with a PhD dad (neuroscience), and Sunstone/Dialogue freely available around the house. And believe it or not, I read them both fairly regularly as a lad. If that’s too much for your sensitivities, then oh well. 🙂

Church every Sunday almost without fail. Seminary. Institute. Mission. BYU. High Councilor. Elder’s Quorum President. The whole nine yards.

I’ve been around the block more than a few times. Maybe more than some here.

Regards,
MG
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: I’m aware he settled a real estate dispute when a Catholic friar who was, I think, being swindled asked him to intervene, which he did. That was with regard to to the property on South Temple, I believe. Would you mind providing a credible source with regard to to him ‘helping the Catholics build their church’ in SLC? I’m interested in reading the account.

- Doc
The LDS Church president sided with the priest and even offered, according to a contemporary newspaper account, to donate $500 for a school and church planned for the site.
https://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?re ... i_12993316

That’s like $20k today. That’s helping.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

The Stig wrote:
That’s what I often think when people here describe what they think Mormonism is.