Kwaku on the Offensive Against Radio Free Mormon!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Sledge
Area Authority

Re: Kwaku on the Offensive Against Radio Free Mormon!

Post by Sledge »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:50 pm
MG is running a classic game of gas lighting, I think.
An overused term that’s become meaningless. This is nowhere near what real gaslighting is.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Sledge wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:28 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: I’m aware he settled a real estate dispute when a Catholic friar who was, I think, being swindled asked him to intervene, which he did. That was with regard to to the property on South Temple, I believe. Would you mind providing a credible source with regard to to him ‘helping the Catholics build their church’ in SLC? I’m interested in reading the account.

- Doc
The LDS Church president sided with the priest and even offered, according to a contemporary newspaper account, to donate $500 for a school and church planned for the site.
https://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?re ... i_12993316

That’s like $20k today. That’s helping.
The school was never built and the $500 didn’t go to the parish. So. A friar received permission to build a church, he bought the lot with the Catholic church’s money, someone attempted to take the property through dubious means (I have no idea if they were Mormon or not), he went to BY to ask that his deed be honored, and BY sided with the Catholic church’s deed. Is that what you meant when you said BY helped build the Catholic church’s cathedral?

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: The school was never built, so the $500 didn’t go to the parish. So. A friar received permission to build a church, he bought the lot with the Catholic church’s money, someone was attempted to take the property through dubious means (I have no idea if they were Mormon or not), he went to BY to ask that his deed be honored, and BY sided with the Catholic church’s deed. Is that what you meant when you said BY helped build the Catholic church’s cathedral?

- Doc
The school was built.

Brigham Young sided with the Catholic Church—you don’t do that if you think they’re the devil or whatever.

Just stop trying to find things to hate. This is a positive story.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Sledge wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:07 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: The school was never built, so the $500 didn’t go to the parish. So. A friar received permission to build a church, he bought the lot with the Catholic church’s money, someone was attempted to take the property through dubious means (I have no idea if they were Mormon or not), he went to BY to ask that his deed be honored, and BY sided with the Catholic church’s deed. Is that what you meant when you said BY helped build the Catholic church’s cathedral?

- Doc
The school was built.

Brigham Young sided with the Catholic Church—you don’t do that if you think they’re the devil or whatever.

Just stop trying to find things to hate. This is a positive story.
CFR on the school being built* I’d like to be better informed if that’s the case.

You said BY helped build the cathedral. Finding for the Catholics having a legal deed to the property is him helping them build the cathedral? Is that what you meant when you made that statement earlier?

- Doc

eta:

From JSTOR:
… Brigham Young, for the prophet not only ruled in Kelly’s favor but even offered a donation of five hundred dollars if the priest would create a Catholic school. Kelly never did, as health problems forced him to withdraw to California (other priests came to continue the work) …
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Sledge wrote:

- Doc
The school was built.

Just stop trying to find things to hate.
Good luck with that.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:16 am
Sledge wrote:
Good luck with that.

Regards,
MG

The Celestial Forum is the place to be.

;)
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm
So I’m guessing the Mormonism you grew up with didn’t limit eternal families to the celestial kingdom.

Good grief.
What does an eternal family consist of? How would an eternal family differ from say, your Uncle Ted and Aunt Martha who celebrated their 50th Anniversary, more in love than the day they were married…but they were Jewish…and they died without the gospel. They go to the Spirit World and aren’t too keen on being joint heirs with Christ. So, what becomes of their relationship? What do you think? How will it be different for them compared to a righteous LDS couple, married in the temple, with their marriage ratified by the Holy Spirit of Promise?

Interested in your thoughts.

Regards,
MG
*bump
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:16 am
Sledge wrote:

The school was built.

Good luck with that.

Regards,
MG
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Sledge wrote:
The school was built.
What school was built? Was it named the Kwaku-Cardon Near Normal School?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm
So I’m guessing the Mormonism you grew up with didn’t limit eternal families to the celestial kingdom.

Good grief.
What does an eternal family consist of? How would an eternal family differ from say, your Uncle Ted and Aunt Martha who celebrated their 50th Anniversary, more in love than the day they were married…but they were Jewish…and they died without the gospel. They go to the Spirit World and aren’t too keen on being joint heirs with Christ. So, what becomes of their relationship? What do you think? How will it be different for them compared to a righteous LDS couple, married in the temple, with their marriage ratified by the Holy Spirit of Promise?

Interested in your thoughts.

Regards,
MG
An eternal family (celestial family), looks like a gathering of just a fraction of 1% of God's spirit children who won the war in heaven and decided to be tested here on Earth. While here, decided to wear magic underwear, not drink coffee, look down on people who drink alcohol, pretend to enjoy green JELL-O, be obsessed with masturbation, view everyone we meet as a potential Mormon and so on and so on. Come on mg2.0! Everyone here who grew up in the church knows what it "requires" to reach the celestial kingdom. We are a work based religion. We never stop working, never ever! Am I wrong, tell me what you think a celestial family looks like? Thanks.

One other thing. Do you understand why a large percentage of Christians have a hard time with our religion? It's not just Joseph, prophets, polygamy and so on. You see, most Christians preach of the dying Christ! That's why the cross is so important to modern day Christians. We on the other hand, preach and teach the living Christ. That's why we don't wear or present the cross in any way. Christianity will never accept us while we view the cross as a torture device. The cross and the sacrifice Christ made for us is everything to a Christian. For us, it's just a piece of the puzzle. Correct?