"Midnight Mormons" Profanes Temple

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: "Midnight Mormons" Profanes Temple

Post by Kishkumen »

Sledge wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:25 am
I made no accusations and frankly don’t understand the defensiveness.

I have simply observed that, much like others here, you more frequently take umbrage when Mormons are naughty than you do when ex Mormons are naughty. I wondered why, and I asked.

Seriously, Sledge. Maybe you should pay closer attention. I have REPEATEDLY almost the the point of OBSESSIVELY called people out for putting temple content in this forum. I find this material to be offensive, and I have said so many times.

My observation about you is that you tend to assume that people here need to answer for their anti-Mormon habits. You started out accusing me of incessantly hounding DCP in very strong and insulting terms. Then you had to back out of that when you discovered that your assumptions were incorrect.

Now you attack the one person here who regularly makes a big deal about not profaning the LDS temple in this forum on the grounds that he finds it offensive as though he were being inconsistent on this point. I police this very issue here, where the angry ex-Mormons like Shulem and Dr Exiled sometimes post temple images.

I hate that crap.

Pay attention and stop with the uninformed assumptions about me.

Otherwise I am going to start to suspect that you are nothing but a time-wasting troll.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Kishkumen wrote:

Seriously, Sledge. Maybe you should pay closer attention. I have REPEATEDLY almost the the point of OBSESSIVELY called people out for putting temple content in this forum. I find this material to be offensive, and I have said so many times.

My observation about you is that you tend to assume that people here need to answer for their anti-Mormon habits. You started out accusing me of incessantly hounding DCP in very strong and insulting terms. Then you had to back out of that when you discovered that your assumptions were incorrect.

Now you attack the one person here who regularly makes a big deal about not profaning the LDS temple in this forum on the grounds that he finds it offensive as though he were being inconsistent on this point. I police this very issue here, where the angry ex-Mormons like Shulem and Dr Exiled sometimes post temple images.

I hate that crap.

Otherwise I am going to start to suspect that you are nothing but a time-wasting troll.
I have indeed notice you take to task some of the more deranged attitudes (note: I said deranged attitudes, not deranged people) here, and I meant no offense. I am also not a fan of Kwaku or Midnight Mormons. As I've said before, there are way too many podcasts that have little to no substance (there are a few that are great, like Blair Hodge's "Fireside.")
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Sledge wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:43 pm
I have indeed notice you take to task some of the more deranged attitudes (note: I said deranged attitudes, not deranged people) here, and I meant no offense. I am also not a fan of Kwaku or Midnight Mormons. As I've said before, there are way too many podcasts that have little to no substance (there are a few that are great, like Blair Hodge's "Fireside.")
Yes, we are agreed that there are too many podcasts with little substance. Blair Hodges' is definitely an exceptional choice. He is a decent fellow as well.

Now please refrain from implying I am a hypocrite until you have good cause to do so.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

Sledge wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:
There is nothing to answer. It is not a question of wanting to answer anything or not. You made an empty accusation. You did not pose a hypothetical. I can’t and won’t get involved in what is a confused query with a dubious purpose.

I have simply observed that, much like others here, you more frequently take umbrage when Mormons are naughty than you do when ex Mormons are naughty. I wondered why, and I asked.
I think more than anyone here, Kish is pretty consistent in his standards, irrespective of who is being naughty.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Sledge wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:43 pm
Kishkumen wrote:

I hate that crap.

Your perception of Kishkuman is dead wrong and shows more about your bias than his.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

The Stig wrote:

Your perception of Kishkuman is dead wrong and shows more about your bias than his.
Hang on, dude, what is wrong about my above statement?
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Sledge wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:10 pm
The Stig wrote:

Hang on, dude, what is wrong about my above statement?
I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote this one.
Sledge wrote:

MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:59 pm
I have REPEATEDLY almost the the point of OBSESSIVELY called people out for putting temple content in this forum. I find this material to be offensive, and I have said so many times.
Common decency.

Regards,
MG
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Morley wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am
[...]
edit 2. And obviously with grammar that doesn't need editing.
This spoke to my soul.

Lol.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Let me chime in with my observations having participated with Kishkumen both on and off the board.

You are barking up the wrong tree with allegations that Kishkumen is more prone to find fault with believers than post Mormons for similar conduct.

This is utter rubbish.

Kishkumen regularly gets at odds with others on the board for doing the exact opposite of what you allege.

Anybody with an acquaintance of what happens on this board would know that. And I’m not even talking about ancient history.

You could make this allegation about some others on the board and you might have a leg to stand on.

But Kishkumen?

It’s like accusing the Pope of being Protestant.

A big man recognizes when he’s wrong and apologizes.

I hope you will do the same.