Enoch in Masonry

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Enoch in Masonry

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:47 pm
Excellent thread! I had no idea this even existed! And Kishkumen, what a scholar you have been through the years! WOW!
Why thank you, Philo! I have been fortunate to follow the trails blazed by inquiring scholarly minds like yours!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:17 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:47 pm
Excellent thread! I had no idea this even existed! And Kishkumen, what a scholar you have been through the years! WOW!
Why thank you, Philo! I have been fortunate to follow the trails blazed by inquiring scholarly minds like yours!
In the 2nd revised, enlarged edition of The Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor and Guide, by 33rd degree Mason Ronald A. Searle, (2009), p. 767, it is noted that as the initiate becoming a Mason of the Royal Arch of Solomon, descended to the floor of the ninth vault of Enoch, and saw without know it, the Lost Word, the great symbol of Freemasonry.

It was understood that Solomon himself proposed erecting an edifice for the administration of the public justice over the ruins of the ancient temple of Enoch. (p. 290)

Enoch was also to have known the ineffable name inspired in a dream, and engraved it on a plate of gold, which was then hidden in a "granite column" preventing it from being swept away in the great flood. (p. 292) It is this "pillar of Enoch" which Oliver Cowdery claimed was on the scroll of Joseph which Joseph Smith had purchased! Hence the importance in Masonry, and for the early Mormons to the papyri they had, since it was said to contain the Holy Name of power, which Masons claimed they regained!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Was the term Royal Arch Mormonism ever used? It sounds sort of descriptive like 32nd Degree Apologist.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:52 am
Was the term Royal Arch Mormonism ever used? It sounds sort of descriptive like 32nd Degree Apologist.
Ha! I will have to look, but there just has to even be a 2nd anointing in Masonry come ta think of it! After all, Moasons do have Hiram and Mormonism has its Hyram!
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

Great thread.

It got me reminiscing about days gone by when this type of historical thread was more common, when people like Chris Smith, Blixa, UD, Mortal Man, Mike Reed, George Miller and so on were newly interested in this sort of material and everyday there were threads going on explaining how Mormonism really did evolve. It made me realize that my participation here has been going on for more than 15 years, and that there is a whole new generation of believers out there who missed all this information who are yet again being misled by the Mormon Church into believing that Joseph Smith simply restored it all though divine means.

It would be fun to take some of these passages, show them to a new member, tell him/her that they are from the Book of Mormon and ask them to pray about the truthfulness of the words.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:20 pm
Great thread.

It got me reminiscing about days gone by when this type of historical thread was more common, when people like Chris Smith, Blixa, UD, Mortal Man, Mike Reed, George Miller and so on were newly interested in this sort of material and everyday there were threads going on explaining how Mormonism really did evolve. It made me realize that my participation here has been going on for more than 15 years, and that there is a whole new generation of believers out there who missed all this information who are yet again being misled by the Mormon Church into believing that Joseph Smith simply restored it all though divine means.

It would be fun to take some of these passages, show them to a new member, tell him/her that they are from the Book of Mormon and ask them to pray about the truthfulness of the words.
Well, I mean, embarrassingly enough for me, I just discovered the "Archives" section of this board and Kishkumen has posted gajillions of excellent threads he has started through the years that make for fantastic reading. We can regurgitate them from time to time and bring the board quality back into the historical/exoteric analysis which it used to house more. I am deeply impressed how through the years Kishkumen (one among MANY) has been kicking out valid, seriously fascinating materials! It is definitely worth re-looking at and updating!
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:44 pm
Fence Sitter wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:20 pm
Great thread.

Well, I mean, embarrassingly enough for me, I just discovered the "Archives" section of this board and Kishkumen has posted gajillions of excellent threads he has started through the years that make for fantastic reading. We can regurgitate them from time to time and bring the board quality back into the historical/exoteric analysis which it used to house more. I am deeply impressed how through the years Kishkumen (one among MANY) has been kicking out valid, seriously fascinating materials! It is definitely worth re-looking at and updating!
Seems seriously shocking that searching the archives for the Davidic Servant supplied zero results as per search.php?keywords=davidic&terms=all&a ... mit=Search

A global search did turn up a few results as per search.php?keywords=davidic+servant

The archives appears as a sub-forum of Mormon Discussions, so if I understand things correctly, doing a global search will find stuff in the archives :?:

Searching OMAS was a ginormous zilch, if such a thing is possible. :lol:
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩