007 and Joseph Smith

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tom
_Emeritus

Re: 007 and Joseph Smith

Post by _Tom »

I must say that the implications of these new findings, if they are valid (and this is a very tiny if), are extraordinarily significant. Monumental. And a serious and quite unanticipated challenge to critics. I should say that none of the skeptics and mockers, so far as I’ve seen — not a single one (I can say this with some authority because I check their Facebook pages, blogs, and message boards several times a day) — actually engages the evidence and analysis that Dr. Kishkumen has provided.
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Tom wrote:I must say that the implications of these new findings, if they are valid (and this is a very tiny if), are extraordinarily significant. Monumental. And a serious and quite unanticipated challenge to critics. I should say that none of the skeptics and mockers, so far as I’ve seen — not a single one (I can say this with some authority because I check their Facebook pages, blogs, and message boards several times a day) — actually engages the evidence and analysis that Dr. Kishkumen has provided.

Thank you, Tom. I'll be sure to let you know when I publish these discoveries in my forthcoming book. Stay tuned.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Kishkumen wrote:Another drawing:

Rev -

Don't forget the other, secret (or is it sacred?) message hidden in this cryptic arrangement.

PELE can clearly be seen to yield the anagram PEEL. From this we can observe that the most important reference to PEEL in contemporary times has a special link to Smith and the authors of the Book of Mormon:

EMMA PEEL

Notable here is the fact that we have multiple references across the scope of Book of Mormon connections:

PEEL = the aforementioned PELE, anagrammatically interpreted
EMMA = well, that one's obvious. In fact, the look on Ms. Peel's face above probably mirrors (enigmatically) the one that the real Emma gave Joseph after his initial reveal of D&C 132.

But it doesn't end there...

We know that Emma Peel was one of the two main characters of the Avengers television program. Consider that 'Avengers' can be anagrammatically rearranged into -

ENGRAVES

Yes, as in just what the authors of the Book of Mormon did to record their story.

But... wait! There's more!

The second episode of The Avengers - representing Joseph Smith's second attempt at translating after the initial 116 pages were lost, with the eventual completion of the Book of Mormon - is entitled 'Brought to Book'...

... which is, just as the name of Season Two/Show 4 is entitled, 'Bullseye'..!

( list of shows, so that Dan Peterson can verify this and write about in Sic et Non - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_T ... s_episodes )
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

You had me at Emma Peel.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

that page wrote:I just came into possession of a full size Holy Table (fixed from the erroneous Casaubon version ...

Casaubon? The main character of Foucault's Pendulum by Eco?
The book is divided into ten segments represented by the ten Sefiroth.

Moreover, it handles Mormonism:
Societies in the novel
The following are some of the secret and not-so-secret groups that appear in Foucault's Pendulum:
The Knights Templar (the main players)
The Rosicrucians
The Gnostics

The Freemasons
The Bavarian Illuminati
The Elders of Zion
The Assassins of Alamut
The Cabalists
The Bogomils
The Cathars
The Jesuits
An obscure one-time reference to the fictional Cthulhu cult through a quote from The Satanic Rituals – "I'a Cthulhu! I'a S'ha-t'n!". The words closed a ritual composed by Michael Aquino. Originally just "I'a Cthulhu!", Anton LaVey added "I'a S'ha-t'n!" to give it a "Satanic touch".
Panta Rei
Candomblé and Umbanda adherents
Opus Dei (mentioned in passing)
Ordo Templi Orientis

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) – Mr. Garamond included them in his list of "occult" organizations to contact about book ideas, explaining "I read about them in a detective story, too, but they may not exist anymore."
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Fiannan
_Emeritus

Post by _Fiannan »

John Dee's ring is supposed to represent Solomon's; the one in which he was able to exercise power over the Jinn in regards to construction of his temple?

I thought Solomon was supposed to have employed a pentagram star for this task, or a hexagram star, or both.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Fiannan wrote:John Dee's ring is supposed to represent Solomon's; the one in which he was able to exercise power over the Jinn in regards to construction of his temple?

I thought Solomon was supposed to have employed a pentagram star for this task, or a hexagram star, or both.

Part of the pentagram is incorporated into the ring's symbolism at any rate.