Should Heterosexuals Have the Right to Marry?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Re: Should Heterosexuals Have the Right to Marry?

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

LittleNipper wrote:Homosexuals have always had the personal right to...
Hey, genius, the topic is whether HETEROSEXUALS should have a right to marry, not homosexuals.

hobo1512 wrote:Personally, I would rather the ugly ones marry and breed as opposed to the stupid ones.
You're absolutely right. It would be much better if stupid heterosexuals didn't breed.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

huckelberry wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:.. However, this also means that individuals and their privately owned companies should have the freedom to associate or disassociate with whomever they chose for whatever reason.

.. If Blacks didn't wish to sit in the back of the bus, they stopped riding the bus. The bus company found that it needed its black ridership to survive. The bus company really had no reason to not allow passengers to sit on a first-come first-serve basis.

One could wonder why civil rights were a struggle. Blacks should have used only freemarket influence instead of legal recourse. One could imagine that if only Blacks had learned to ask politely than slavery would have been closed down without the nasty federal government getting involved in our rights to property and fee association. Once the federal government started deciding what is and what is not owned by people it was only a matter of time before they started deciding other issues like who was actually married.

Then having the federal government stir up trouble on southern university campuses, a shame. If only the government learned christian respect for rights of property, rights of free association, and respect for Christian privileges.

Can you imagine a Christian having to deliver flowers to a marriage ceremony that the Christian did not approve of? The indignity! The loss of respect.

Almost as painful as having to sit at a lunch counter with individuals of color.

This.

What I have found most disturbing this past few days, is how the inherent racism from christian churches, especially the LDS, is oozing across the boards and social media. Perhaps the most sick part of it all, is Littlenipper probably doesn't even realize how truly screwed up and dangerous his/her comments in that post really are.

Eidited to add...I had a LDS faithful friend on Facebook argue that Brown vs Board of Education set the country back decades and was harmful to the black community because it took away the "free market" concept of education and forced black kids to go to school and get educated by less than qualified white educators.

Can't make this crap up.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

LittleNipper wrote:... Most homosexuals, if questioned will admit to being bi-sexual. That means that choice of partnership is not entirely psychological but social.

Source please.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:Should heterosexuals have the right to marry? Well, yes and no--ugly heterosexuals should definitely not have the right to marry.

Easy for Fabio to say. I'm taking this personally!
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Zub Zool oan
_Emeritus

Post by _Zub Zool oan »

LittleNipper wrote:However, we now at an age that demands everyone gets equal acceptance, no matter how spoiled certain behavior patterns are proven to be. In fact, citizens who would just rather be left alone are now being obligated to support, accept and assist those outside the "fold," as it were, who want to be apart without having to abide by the rules and regulations established by social standards inside those various traditional communities.

Traditional marriage has survived thousands of years without committing to those who may not even believe in God. So, why is the government now becoming manipulative in favor of those who now demand what they themselves choose to be. Most homosexuals, if questioned will admit to being bi-sexual. That means that choice of partnership is not entirely psychological but social.

Spoiled certain behavior patterns are proven to be by whom? Is this the 21st century version of "Uppity negroes'?

So in the mind of conservatives, we need a set of absolutes that can't change, which will be pronounced by a majority of those deep into the majority belief system and too bad for any one else. Change is to be avoided.

I have heard predictions of ultimate doom since I was young - The Beatles on Ed Sullivan were the beginning of the end of the world. So was LSD, marijuana and hot pants. Music certainly was going to pollute all the young people and bring the entire country down, down, down. Read the LDS Freedom Forum and count up the times posters proclaim how the end is very near and many of them are doing all kinds of things so that when the big whatever happens and they wake the next day and it is 1850 again, well, they have their go bag and have stocked up to weather the terrible times ahead or just around the corner or over the next hill. My parents and relatives were Birchers - spoke it fluently - and this same idiotic paranoia is spread by Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity etc. and they manipulate huge numbers of under educated or poorly home schooled Americans and get paid millions and millions. Don't like peer reviewed methodically gathered data? No problem, just dismiss the educated in favor of your feelings and intuitions.

Traditional marriage doesn't have quite the consistent history you may believe. It was political very often and helped deal with things that involved wealth and political power and extended to the lower levels as time went on. Matters of thrones and crowns and alliances were the reason (legitimatizing children and the direct bloodline), in large part to keep transitions less bloody and violent.
18 And the man said: The woman thou gavest me, and commandest that she should remain with me, she gave me of the fruit of the tree and I did eat. Moses 4:18
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Quasimodo wrote:
The Erotic Apologist wrote:Should heterosexuals have the right to marry? Well, yes and no--ugly heterosexuals should definitely not have the right to marry.

Easy for Fabio to say. I'm taking this personally!

Well, just between you and me, I'm no prince charming, either. But at least my arms are super buff.

Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

The Erotic Apologist wrote: at least my arms are super buff.

"image"

... and ... what super thing do You hold with Your super buff hands?

The picture ends before reaching the level of critical mass ---
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei