Church's Latest Real Estate Scheme

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Re: Church's Latest Real Estate Scheme

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Equality wrote:Shouldn't they be building this in Missouri instead of Florida?

well yeah. that is for the people that want to be near the garden of eden. this development is on the sacred ground blessed by the landing of the jaredites, probably.

i think if the books were really opened up, we would find that this idea and plan is about distributing wealth from the corporations to friends and contractors.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

And in 70 years it will all be beachfront property!
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Wowza.

Last year, all three of the largest master planned communities in Vegas had about 1500 net sales combined.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around a master planned community of 500,000 residents.

Again... wowza.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Mayan Elephant wrote:i think if the books were really opened up, we would find that this idea and plan is about distributing wealth from the corporations to friends and contractors.

Liquidation sale? wow would that be epic!
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

This is all in preparation of their tithing phase-out plan. Before phasing it out, they need to have a secure revenue stream in place.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

zeezrom wrote:This is all in preparation of their tithing phase-out plan. Before phasing it out, they need to have a secure revenue stream in place.

i completely agree with this. while i cannot speak for zeezrom, i do not think it is a facetious thought or comment.

i think there are two parts to this plan:

1 - (as zeezrom said) a revenue source to replace decreasing tithing as a percentage of so-called membership.

2 - a distribution of existing assets and cash that would otherwise be transferred from longest living bastard to longest living bastard in the 15.

a plan like this does not have to be profitable or have a reasonable ROI to make sense to the board of the corporations sole. look at Ordos, China as an example. sure, it is a ghost town and may not make sense, but somebody got paid for building it. any amount of cash that can be sucked out of the 40-60 billion that belongs to tommy right now, is profit to someone. and any amount of revenue to the corporation and friends is profit to someone.

think of it like this - if i spend 10 billion of other people's money, and they lose 5 billion but i make 10 million, that is profitable to me. and that is how this should be viewed.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Desert Ranch looks to be around 30ft above sea level.

Maybe the Church believes in climate change. The good Prophet must have foreseen that it was a great time to unload land that will soon be at the bottom of the Atlantic.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Quasimodo wrote:Desert Ranch looks to be around 30ft above sea level.

Maybe the Church believes in climate change. The good Prophet must have foreseen that it was a great time to unload land that will soon be at the bottom of the Atlantic.

The US army corps of engineers will design and build new dikes around the whole place, I'm sure.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

This is what separates the Catholics from the Mormons. We have a centralized theocratic totalitarian government, which is better able to pool resources for a single project. The Catholics save most contributions for the local people and charity.

The Holy Sacrament.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

This development would make the 5 billion dollar mall look like chump change.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014