Monson struggles near the end of his talk

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Re: Monson struggles near the end of his talk

Post by _maklelan »

Lemmie wrote:You're equating those two events?

Not at all. I'm pointing out the characterization of the first indicts the second.

Lemmie wrote:Odd, but understandable given your bias.

I don't think you understand the first thing about me or my biases.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Monson should have talked sitting:

- http://galeria.index.hu/kulfold/2015/10 ... k_dolgok/6 -
Click to picture to disappear the watermark!

I hope You all know the main figure...
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

I felt bad for him.

It was a moving, sad and emotional thing to watch.

(I would have felt the same way - no matter who the human being was that was struggling like this)

Peace,
Ceeboo
_LDSToronto
_Emeritus

Post by _LDSToronto »

maklelan wrote:
LDSToronto wrote:Exploiting the weak, in any form, is repugnant. This Monson stuff, pure exploitation

Clearly. The way he kept saying he didn't want to be up there gave it all away. None of the leaders wanted him to sit down and rest. Didn't you know that's why nobody came to hold him up?

Not sure what you're getting at, but you ought to be getting at a dictionary because 'exploitation' isn't a concept you seem to be familiar with.

Odd, since many of the faith-building stories in the LDS tradition feature exploitation of the afflicted in order to bolster the faith of LDS masses.

H.
"Others cannot endure their own littleness unless they can translate it into meaningfulness on the largest possible level."
~ Ernest Becker
"Whether you think of it as heavenly or as earthly, if you love life immortality is no consolation for death."
~ Simone de Beauvoir