Monson struggles near the end of his talk

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

There has been a lot of speculation about his health. He seemed pretty lucid in his other talks.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Monson struggles near the end of his talk

Post by _Markk »

Sammy Jankins wrote:Monson struggles near the end of his talk

There has been a lot of speculation about his health. He seemed pretty lucid in his other talks.

I didn't see Monsons talk, but I saw Bednar's, now i see why it was saved for last.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Markk wrote:
Sammy Jankins wrote:Monson struggles near the end of his talk

I didn't see Monsons talk, but I saw Bednar's, now i see why it was saved for last.

Ok. I'll bite. Why was Bednar's saved for last?
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

sock puppet wrote:Ok. I'll bite. Why was Bednar's saved for last?

Because Monson was unable to close the session like he normally does.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

maklelan wrote:
sock puppet wrote:Ok. I'll bite. Why was Bednar's saved for last?

Because Monson was unable to close the session like he normally does.

I'm actually impressed that a man of his age and general health that he could sit on that podium, dressed in a suit and tie for that long over two days.
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

sock puppet wrote:I'm actually impressed that a man of his age and general health that he could sit on that podium, dressed in a suit and tie for that long over two days.

He really looked like he was holding on for dear life to try to finish the talk. Felt really bad for him.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

sock puppet wrote:

Ok. I'll bite. Why was Bednar's saved for last?

It was about having very old men, who bodies are falling apart, as sr prophets and apostles.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

maklelan wrote:
He really looked like he was holding on for dear life to try to finish the talk. Felt really bad for him.

So did I...I m not even sure if he blinked for the first minute, he looked like he was really frightened he was going to blow it.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

If I recall correctly, as David O. McKay was failing and in ill-health towards the last couple of years of his life, his son Llewellyn delivered McKay's GC talks. So there's precedence for that.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

maklelan wrote:
sock puppet wrote:I'm actually impressed that a man of his age and general health that he could sit on that podium, dressed in a suit and tie for that long over two days.

I watched the video. There is something that feels so not right to me about expecting a very elderly gentleman to speak. I know it's tradition, but it seems really sad to me.

Not that it matters since I'm not LDS.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb