The Apostasy of the LDS Church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: The Apostasy of the LDS Church

Post by _Tobin »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tobin wrote: :lol: I'm really getting a kick out of this line Kish. Keep it up. You can't really believe what you are saying though. You actually believed the LDS Church a few days ago was really God's church and had his magic powers and now they don't because they announced this policy? Too funny!!!

This is a distraction. I am telling you that according to their own canon, the former LDS Church is toast. Their priesthood authority is gone. Only by resigning from the LDS Church can anyone retain their priesthood.

Who are you trying to convince here? If your audience are LDS members after this policy was announced, they still believe the LDS Church is lead by men with God's authority and power. Whatever they say goes, even if they state the color green is now purple. If you are trying to convince yourself it is now apostate, then I think there have been much better reasons than this to realize that.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Tobin wrote:Who are you trying to convince here? If your audience are LDS members after this policy was announced, they still believe the LDS Church is lead by men with God's authority and power. Whatever they say goes, even if they state the color green is now purple. If you are trying to convince yourself it is now apostate, then I think there have been much better reasons than this to realize that.

I'm making an observation here, Tobin. You don't agree. OK. No need to belabor the point.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Kish,

For me, JSJr apostatized when he claimed that he was told by Jehovah that none of the churches of 1820 were 'true' or 'correct'.

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I [Jesus] in the midst of them."

All Christian gatherings have Jesus. For JSJr to have proclaimed otherwise was his apostasy from Jesus' own proclamation.

Jesus obviously does not feel constrained to go through the LDS bottleneck of the FP/12.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

sock puppet wrote:Kish,

For me, JSJr apostatized when he claimed that he was told by Jehovah that none of the churches of 1820 were 'true' or 'correct'.

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I [Jesus] in the midst of them."

All Christian gatherings have Jesus. For JSJr to have proclaimed otherwise was his apostasy from Jesus' own proclamation.

Jesus obviously does not feel constrained to go through the LDS bottleneck of the FP/12.

You raise an excellent point, sock puppet. Indeed, it is one many Mormons should keep in minds as they leave the former LDS Church and fellowship together or with other Christians, whichever of those many possible paths they choose.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_tapirrider
_Emeritus

Post by _tapirrider »

Kishkumen wrote:To this, I would add:

D&C 121:36-37 wrote:36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.

37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

The powers of heaven can only be controlled or handled upon the principles of righteousness, among which I would include the clear teachings of Jesus. When the priesthood is used to exercise control or dominion or compulsion, as it is here through this new policy, the priesthood of the man doing so is null and void.

The priesthood of the Brethren is now null and void.

The LDS Church is clearly in apostasy.

According to the Doctrine and Covenants, the LDS church has not only lost its priesthood, it would have been better if the top 15 were drowned before they made that policy.

D&C 121
19 Wo unto them; because they have offended my little ones they shall be severed from the ordinances of mine house.

21 They shall not have right to the priesthood, nor their posterity after them from generation to generation.

22 It had been better for them that a millstone had been hanged about their necks, and they drowned in the depth of the sea.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

tapirrider wrote:According to the Doctrine and Covenants, the LDS church has not only lost its priesthood, it would have been better if the top 15 were drowned before they made that policy.

D&C 121
19 Wo unto them; because they have offended my little ones they shall be severed from the ordinances of mine house.

21 They shall not have right to the priesthood, nor their posterity after them from generation to generation.

22 It had been better for them that a millstone had been hanged about their necks, and they drowned in the depth of the sea.

Good catch, tapir-rider. This may be added to my resignation letter.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:Good catch, tapir-rider. This may be added to my resignation letter.

Hold on for just a moment. When it says:

tapirrider wrote:D&C 121

. . . a priesthood leader could read that back to you and say, "See? God does withhold the priesthood from children due to the actions of the parents after all, so nothing has changed."
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

sock puppet wrote:Kish,

sock, I've never seen anyone raise that issue. That was awesome thinking on your part.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:. . . a priesthood leader could read that back to you and say, "See? God does withhold the priesthood from children due to the actions of the parents after all, so nothing has changed."

Does not mean did in this instance, Shades.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Kishkumen wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:. . . a priesthood leader could read that back to you and say, "See? God does withhold the priesthood from children due to the actions of the parents after all, so nothing has changed."

Does not mean did in this instance, Shades.

D&C 121 is about authority and abuse thereof. The idea that children would lose priesthood authority is you wouldn't get to have a dynasty based on unrighteous dominion.

That's not the same at all as total denial of church membership. Even when people of "African descent" were racially tainted and couldn't have the priesthood, they could join the church.