The Apostasy of the LDS Church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: The Apostasy of the LDS Church

Post by _RockSlider »

How many suicides of our children does it take from this policy to make a valid claim of Apostasy from Christianity?

http://www.mormonmentalhealthassoc.org/positions

FP/Q12 individual: Dear heavenly father.

LUCIFER: I hear you. What is it you want?

FP/Q12 individual: Who are you?

LUCIFER: I am the god of this world! I have power over the treasures of the earth, the gold and silver, the armies and navies, popes and priests, I love to reign with blood and horror on the earth!

FP/Q12 individual: Cool, what are we to do with the Gays so we don't lose our tax status and lose our shirts to lawsuits?

LUCIFER: I have a new policy that I would have you put in place ....
_Tsuzuki
_Emeritus

Post by _Tsuzuki »

Doctor Steuss wrote:... wherefore, all children are alike unto me; unless one of their parents is fabulous...

"I, Nephi, having been born of one gay parent, therefore I was denied somewhat in all the learning of my heterosexual father..."
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."
"Love is the law, love under will."

.: lucifer in tenebris lucet :.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Doctor Steuss wrote:... wherefore, all children are alike unto me; unless one of their parents is fabulous...

That cheered me up immensely, Stu. Thank you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

A friend of mine called me this morning and said he can only conclude that the Brethren don't really believe there is any spiritual power in baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost, as clearly those children who are denied these ordinances don't need them. I think he may have a point.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Even ordinances of salvation are subjugated to the Church's need to make a political point about gay marriage.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

Runtu wrote:A friend of mine called me this morning and said he can only conclude that the Brethren don't really believe there is any spiritual power in baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost, as clearly those children who are denied these ordinances don't need them. I think he may have a point.

No he doesn't have a point. Everyone will be baptized under Mormonism. The question is only when.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Tobin wrote:No he doesn't have a point. Everyone will be baptized under Mormonism. The question is only when.

Yep. It's just another way of blowing off concern for others. "Hey, we can totally treat that person like crap, because it will all be made right at some future date. Great, ain't it?"

Proxy baptism is no excuse for asshole policies. Every life matters now. Yours is a callous rationalization.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

In a similar vein, Mental Gymnastics has assured us that, even though he can't come up with a good reason for the new policy, he is sure the reason, though hidden in the recesses of the COB, is a good one, and we will all find out how good it is sometime after we are all dead.

That soon?
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

If baptism means so much to someone, they can get baptized in another church. The LDS Church can baptize anyone they like whenever they like. They can also dictate who cannot be baptized at certain times if they wish. The LDS Church has been doing that for years in fact by specifying that certain individuals must wait till they are 18 years old and independent adults. And as I've pointed out, I think it would be a good idea if this were the general policy of the LDS Church.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Tobin wrote:If baptism means so much to someone, they can get baptized in another church. The LDS Church can baptize anyone they like whenever they like. They can also dictate who cannot be baptized at certain times if they wish. The LDS Church has been doing that for years in fact by specifying that certain individuals must wait till they are 18 years old and independent adults. And as I've pointed out, I think it would be a good idea if this were the general policy of the LDS Church.

The only sane and humane thing you say in this mess of incoherent and unresponsive nonsense is that it would be best for all children to be barred from baptism until 18.

Of course the Church has the right to set its own policies. No one here is questioning that. We are questioning the fact that they teach members it is absolutely necessary to be baptized by their authority as soon as doctrinally appropriate and then they single out certain groups of kids to deny them that privilege. It is a crappy policy.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist