Helpful hints to "tweak" the board

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Helpful hints to "tweak" the board

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kukulkan wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:30 pm
Is it possible to embed tweets in our posts or can we only link to them?
You can embed screenshots of tweets through an image hosting site. That's what I usually do.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:32 pm
You can embed screenshots of tweets through an image hosting site. That's what I usually do.
Thanks!
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Another tip to help search old posts by old user accounts.

You can't look up old accounts directly, and clicking the name of an old account will take you to a page that says "the requested user does not exist."

But if you can find just 1 post by the old account, then you can use the following trick to search through all posts by that old account.

For instance this one by Mister Scratch:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100047&p=1500435#p1500435

If you look to the upper right corner of that post, you'll see the following text:
Post wrote: _Mister Scratch
_Emeritus
Again, you'll get a doughnut if you click on "_Mister Scratch" but try this instead.

Click on the number next to "Posts:"
That will take you to a searchable post history for "_Mister Scratch"

I've included the link in the quote above here so you see how it works right here too. This should work for all old board users, except possibly user accounts that were fully deleted prior to the board migration.
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:24 am
Another tip to help search old posts by old user accounts.

You can't look up old accounts directly, and clicking the name of an old account will take you to a page that says "the requested user does not exist."

But if you can find just 1 post by the old account, then you can use the following trick to search through all posts by that old account.

For instance this one by Mister Scratch:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100047&p=1500435#p1500435

If you look to the upper right corner of that post, you'll see the following text:
Post wrote: _Mister Scratch
_Emeritus
Again, you'll get a doughnut if you click on "_Mister Scratch" but try this instead.

Click on the number next to "Posts:"
That will take you to a searchable post history for "_Mister Scratch"

I've included the link in the quote above here so you see how it works right here too. This should work for all old board users, except possibly user accounts that were fully deleted prior to the board migration.
Many of my searches of my old posts turn up 0 results even though I know for a fact that I made comments on certain topics.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Stop allowing racist, sexist, and other phobic behavior. Yeah, I know that would mean banning at least half your members, but you need to do the needful lest you and this site get lumped in with the bigots.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?