Helpful hints to "tweak" the board

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Helpful hints to "tweak" the board

Post by Dr. Shades »

Helpful hints to "tweak" the board to your liking:
  • Get rid of mChat on the index page: After registration, click on Private messages. Look up, and see that you are on the middle tab of the User Control Panel. Select the right-most tab called mChat. Select: "Display on the index page" = no. "Enable sound" = no.
  • Disable the word censor: Filthy language is edited out by default, but if you want to see it anyway click the down-arrow next to your username toward the top of the screen to the right, then click User Control Panel. Then click on the Board preferences tab. Then to the left, click on Edit display options, then next to Enable word censoring, select No, then Click Submit.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Helpful hints to "tweak" the board

Post by MeDotOrg »

Just a request...if possible, re-enable the strikeout feature h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶d̶o̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:25 am
Just a request...if possible, re-enable the strikeout feature h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶d̶o̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶
strikeout still doesn't work over here.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

How about now?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

If it possible to enable the footnote feature? [footnote]I really want this to be a footnote[/footnote] I just finished a collection of David Foster Wallace's writing, and I'm dying to start throwing footnotes into my posts. :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
kairos
CTR B

Post by kairos »

How about cutting out much of the copying associated with responding specifically to a message- if a message has several direct response, quoting the material as done now uses space and is tedious/tiresome to a reader!
Thanx
K

by the way maybe if a quote is in a response why not bold or change color of the characters- that way people like me can zip quickly to the response bypassing the quoted material-tweak tweak!
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:17 am
Helpful hints to "tweak" the board to your liking:
  • Get rid of mChat on the index page: After registration, click on Private messages. Look up, and see that you are on the middle tab of the User Control Panel. Select the right-most tab called mChat. Select: "Display on the index page" = no. "Enable sound" = no.
  • Disable the word censor: Filthy language is edited out by default, but if you want to see it anyway click the down-arrow next to your username toward the top of the screen to the right, then click User Control Panel. Then click on the Board preferences tab. Then to the left, click on Edit display options, then next to Enable word censoring, select No, then Click Submit.
Is there a way to change how many posts display on a single page? I'm currently seeing 10 posts per page. Can I change that to 20 or preferably 50?
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Analytics wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 pm
Is there a way to change how many posts display on a single page? I'm currently seeing 10 posts per page. Can I change that to 20 or preferably 50?
Interesting. I recall from saving a couple of threads on the old board it was set at 20. That explains a lot, here.

I agree, can we at least switch back to 20?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

I just tried posting an image and it wont let me. It says I've reached my quota for attachments. WTF?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Is it possible to embed tweets in our posts or can we only link to them?
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith