Oaks complains about the Christmas cards he gets

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Re: Oaks complains about the Christmas cards he gets

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Brad Hudson wrote:That's it. He's off my Christmas card list. Ingrate.

That was my immediate thought. Ungrateful dick. I actually find his behavior quite funny. He comes across as a cranky old scrooge. I suppose he also slams his door on carolers who dare to sing non-religious songs like Jingle Bells.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

I wonder how many Christmas cards he gets from friends . . .
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Sammy Jankins wrote:Image

We wish you a Merry Dickmas.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

I hope I don't find myself living out my golden years without a hobby.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Are we sure this is legit?

The guy can't be this stupid.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

Chuck Finley wrote:
toon wrote:And I call BS on his percentages. 24%? 47%? 29%? He tallied them up and calculated the percentages. I think he's pulling a Dunn.

You know what, I wouldn't be shocked if some poor schlub did do all this tallying. I would bet, however, it was a secretary. Unless they have senior missionaries who function as clerical types, in which case I could see their time being directed toward such meaningful pursuits. Emphasis on the word directed.

Fair point. I imagine he gets 1000s of cards. Tithing dollars well spend.

I'll have to keep this in mind next time I'm trying to make work for an associate. Not that I get any close to the number of Christmas cards Oaks likely gets.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

kairos wrote:So the oakster is bitchin about the Christmas cards he gets- good thing he was not a friend of the general I worked for- major general George S Patton son of the infamous patton of wwII fame. my general patton and wife sent our their 1968/9 Christmas card with "peace on earth " on the front and lo inside was a picture /photo of a stack of dead vc/nva soldiers piled about 20 feet high. I am sure elder oaks would not have received that card well- patton got taken to the woodshed by 4 star bruce palmer us army Vietnam deputy commander over it as I recall.

k

Now that's ballsy. Any chance you still have that card?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

hagoth7 wrote:I suggest it would be more in the spirit of the season to simply give the gentleman judge a pass for occasionally doing what's in his nature, rather than becomingly overly judgmental to follow suit...and then some.

Should I also judge and condemn my cat for walking across my keyboard? It's simply what cats do.

Thoughts?

Kind of like tolerating my racist uncle's rant at the Thanksgiving table.
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

DarkHelmet wrote:
Brad Hudson wrote:That's it. He's off my Christmas card list. Ingrate.

That was my immediate thought. Ungrateful dick. I actually find his behavior quite funny. He comes across as a cranky old scrooge. I suppose he also slams his door on carolers who dare to sing non-religious songs like Jingle Bells.

A better approach would be to go out of your way to send him a generic "happy holidays" card. We surely can push that 29% to 50%l.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Sammy Jankins wrote:Image

My guess is that the third pile of cards were probably from gay parents who have children.

by the way - He should be grateful - I only get 2 Christmas cards, total, so I can't even make three piles!

Peace,
Ceeboo