Oaks complains about the Christmas cards he gets

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Re: Oaks complains about the Christmas cards he gets

Post by _ludwigm »

zeezrom wrote:The guy can't be this stupid.
The guy can't be is this stupid.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

dup
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

What about Christ's birthday? Nobody reads?
_Finn the human
_Emeritus

Post by _Finn the human »

I'm not sure what the big deal is. Elder Oaks has a following of people who believe that he is an especial witness of Jesus. For all we know Jesus gave him the idea for the post after helping him sort all the cards. I know plenty of people who will take his words to heart and will make their cards more Christey next year. I can can hardly wait!
Mathematical!
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hi Finn! :smile:

Welcome to the board!

Finn the human wrote: I know plenty of people who will take his words to heart and will make their cards more Christey next year. I can can hardly wait!

Speaking of next year - I am going to send one too!
It will be signed "Ceeboo from the MDB" - Surely this will create a 4th pile while sorting next year.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

toon wrote:
kairos wrote:So the oakster is bitchin about the Christmas cards he gets- good thing he was not a friend of the general I worked for- major general George S Patton son of the infamous patton of wwII fame. my general patton and wife sent our their 1968/9 Christmas card with "peace on earth " on the front and lo inside was a picture /photo of a stack of dead vc/nva soldiers piled about 20 feet high. I am sure elder oaks would not have received that card well- patton got taken to the woodshed by 4 star bruce palmer us army Vietnam deputy commander over it as I recall.

k

Now that's ballsy. Any chance you still have that card?

no- but wiki might have or allude to it in write up on patton jr- I will search my army buddies but no promises. by the way patton jr was as crazy courageous as his ole man- jumping out of choppers as a colonel firing at the vc running out through rice paddies-also wore black sun glasses and a scarf with jungle fatigues as cdr armored cavalry regiment- he never was meant for a desk job!!!
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Ceeboo wrote:Hi Finn! :smile:

Welcome to the board!

Finn the human wrote: I know plenty of people who will take his words to heart and will make their cards more Christey next year. I can can hardly wait!

Speaking of next year - I am going to send one too!
It will be signed "Ceeboo from the MDB" - Surely this will create a 4th pile while sorting next year.

Peace,
Ceeboo

Will it have a eight tapirs pulling a sleigh full of salamanders on the front?
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_hagoth7
_Emeritus

Post by _hagoth7 »

zeezrom wrote:Are we sure this is legit?...

That is a good question.
Joseph Smith: "I don't blame any one for not believing my history. If I had not experienced what I have, I would not have believed it myself."
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/Book of Mormon/alm ... ang=eng#20
Red pill: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/New Testament/acts/ ... ang=eng#10
Blue pill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Well, it's on his public figure Facebook page....whomever has authority to post for him posted it.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_palerobber
_Emeritus

Post by _palerobber »

i think it would help if LDS Newsroom would publish a Style Guide for xmas cards to General Authorities.