Current GA Being Accused of Child Abuse; the 12 Ignore It

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Current GA Being Accused of Child Abuse; the 12 Ignore I

Post by _Lemmie »

mentalgymnast wrote:There are going to be those that look for ANY 'slip' where a believer is not expressing a complete thought or a 'slip' on not reading another comment fully

Being caught 5 times attempting the same misrepresentation in a thread is not a SLIP.

But it is another excuse, another attempt at obfuscation, another go at misdirection.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Jersey Girl wrote:
People dislike it when I go one for one with them, but with some posters, I think it's the most effective way to get to the crux of what they are trying to convey. Baby steps.

I need to be done with this, MG.

I was totally cool with that. It is good to have a 'disinterested party' as a mediator. Not that I necessarily agree with all of your 'final prognosis', but you did give me some good food for thought. Hopefully Lemmie got something worthwhile out of all of this also that can result in greater understanding and less judgmentalism when it may be unwarranted.

I'm not expecting any miracles.

But who knows?

Regards,
MG
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Lemmie wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:There are going to be those that look for ANY 'slip' where a believer is not expressing a complete thought or a 'slip' on not reading another comment fully

Being caught 5 times attempting the same misrepresentation in a thread is not a SLIP.

But it is another excuse, another attempt at obfuscation, another go at misdirection.

Have a nice rest of the weekend, Lemmie.

Regards,
MG
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Jersey Girl wrote:People dislike it when I go one for one with them, but with some posters, I think it's the most effective way to get to the crux of what they are trying to convey. Baby steps.

But look how far you got with ldsfaqs! In fact, I think you have gotten further there than anyone else in decades. Nice job, you big ole softee! :lol: :lol:
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

That's why it's good, as I think it was you that said, for others to ask QUESTIONS rather than jumping to conclusions.

And that is what I recommend people do with you. Stop it and step on it before it becomes the rolling snowball to hell that it turned out to be.

As I stated previously, when people present you with a wall of text, you seem to start dancing around it. What might actually be happening is that you appear to be dancing when really, you're not going through their post. Notice that I often copy the whole post and reply step by step. That's what you should consider doing so you (and the reader) don't lose the train of thought.

It's a skill and one that was hammered into me years ago by some posters, largely academics, who wouldn't get off my effing back until I became more careful in my comments. I'm talking lengthy threads that went on until the system locked them down at 325 or so posts and then, we continued on a new thread. For days, weeks, and months. We used to call that board the "meat grinder". Most of those old posters remain friends today and some of them are on this very board or drop in from time to time.

They'd condescend to me "Now, Jersey", provoke and challenge me, but I think the reason that they pushed me so hard was because they believed I could do better and I like to think that I did.

You can actually take even very harsh criticism, learn from it, be better for it, and come out friends.

War buddies.
;-)

Oh and all of those things that I listed about your possible experience with Lemmie...She's crazy, she's like a dog with a bone, she's like a pit bull, she's not like anyone else on the board. All of those things are what has been said about me, except for the part about she's crazy. It was actually "she's a crazy bitch". And you can thank my meat grinder war buddies for how I turned out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
People dislike it when I go one for one with them, but with some posters, I think it's the most effective way to get to the crux of what they are trying to convey. Baby steps.

I need to be done with this, MG.

I was totally cool with that. It is good to have a 'disinterested party' as a mediator. Not that I necessarily agree with all of your 'final prognosis', but you did give me some good food for thought. Hopefully Lemmie got something worthwhile out of all of this also that can result in greater understanding and less judgmentalism when it may be unwarranted.

I'm not expecting any miracles.

But who knows?

Regards,
MG

You're the one exposed as the serial liar but you hope I got something out of it?!

That's pretty funny! Totally expected, however. Your reputation not only precedes you, it's now completely cemented in. You'd probably fall apart completely if you couldn't try to shift blame.

It's really stunning how ugly your posting has gotten since you didn't get your way. So much for that civility and winky face pleasantness, huh? All these sideways comments about me to other people are juvenile. It's pretty entertaining though to watch you implode. You better ease up before you blow a gasket. Take deep breaths. Go outside.

You should also really take Jersey Girl's advice and toughen up, and then maybe consider cleaning up your posting act. Your fake sincerity and repeated disingenuousness just isn't cutting it.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:People dislike it when I go one for one with them, but with some posters, I think it's the most effective way to get to the crux of what they are trying to convey. Baby steps.

But look how far you got with ldsfaqs! In fact, I think you have gotten further there than anyone else in decades. Nice job, you big ole softee! :lol: :lol:

Do you really think that I have? I don't know about that some days. I believe everyone deserves a chance to be heard and understood. I believe that everyone can grow and overcome obstacles in their lives. I'm not always nice in the ways I go about it, but my goals never change and in spite of what you sometimes see in my interaction with him, I never take my eye off the ball.

;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Do you really think that I have? I don't know about that some days. I believe everyone deserves a chance to be heard and understood. I believe that everyone can grow and overcome obstacles in their lives. I'm not always nice in the ways I go about it, but my goals never change and in spite of what you sometimes see in my interaction with him, I never take my eye off the ball.

;-)

I really, really do. :cool: Keep it up, Jersey.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Lemmie wrote:You're the one exposed as the serial liar but you hope I got something out of it?!

That's pretty funny! Totally expected, however. Your reputation not only precedes you, it's now completely cemented in. You'd probably fall apart completely if you couldn't try to shift blame.

It's really stunning how ugly your posting has gotten since you didn't get your way. So much for that civility and winky face pleasantness, huh? All these sideways comments about me to other people are juvenile. It's pretty entertaining though to watch you implode. You better ease up before you blow a gasket. Take deep breaths. Go outside.

You should also really take Jersey Girl's advice and toughen up, and then maybe consider cleaning up your posting act. Your fake sincerity and repeated disingenuousness just isn't cutting it.

You know what? I can live with your comments...and even appreciate them for what they are. They are YOU. At first I was a bit perplexed and discombobulated...but I think I've developed an immunity to 'Lemmitus'.

You are strident. That can be a strength. It can also be an overpowering weakness if left unchecked.

You are an interesting specimen of humanity, Lemmie. It really does take all types to make this world go round. Thanks for your input/judgement. One can always learn from a pro. Although I wouldn't quite put you in that category...yet.

But keep working on it and by all means keep it up! You're entertaining. I should have appreciated that fact when I first 'met' you. But I was a bit too sensitive to what appeared at first blush/glance to be 'trolling' characteristics. Your current post surely doesn't show any indication that you have any of these characteristics at all. Keep on trying, work at it steadily, and over time you will become all you are meant to be. You are a force of nature and definately one to be reckoned with.

Again, your input is valued. Please enter in on any thread that I happen to be participating on and contribute in only the way that YOU can. Show no mercy. Show the world who I really am. That's your calling. That's your duty.

Where have you been?

Carry on...

The "ugly' poster,
MG
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Lemmie wrote:You're the one exposed as the serial liar but you hope I got something out of it?!

You know what? I can live with your comments...and even appreciate them for what they are. They are YOU. At first I was a bit perplexed and discombobulated...but I think I've developed an immunity to 'Lemmitus'.

You are strident. That can be a strength. It can also be an overpowering weakness if left unchecked.

You are an interesting specimen of humanity, Lemmie. It really does take all types to make this world go round. Thanks for your input/judgement. One can always learn from a pro. Although I wouldn't quite put you in that category...yet.

But keep working on it and by all means keep it up! You're entertaining. I should have appreciated that fact when I first 'met' you. But I was a bit too sensitive to what appeared at first blush/glance to be 'trolling' characteristics. Your current post surely doesn't show any indication that you have any of these characteristics at all. Keep on trying, work at it steadily, and over time you will become all you are meant to be. You are a force of nature and definitely one to be reckoned with.

Again, your input is valued. Please enter in on any thread that I happen to be participating on and contribute in only the way that YOU can. Show no mercy. Show the world who I really am. That's your calling. That's your duty.

Where have you been?

Carry on...

The "ugly' poster,
MG

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: