Mickelson Case: GA coverup cont.,

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: Mickelson Case: GA coverup cont.,

Post by _Tobin »

I really don't think Kerran understands that blackmail (and extortion) is illegal. If you have proof of misbehavior by an attorney, you present it to the presiding authority (either the court or DA). You don't proudly admit that you committed a crime and incriminate yourself by stating you blackmailed and extorted an attorney. Since he's publicly admitted committing a crime, I think the DA should investigate this as well.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Tobin wrote:I really don't think Kerran understands that blackmail (and extortion) is illegal. If you have proof of misbehavior by an attorney, you present it to the presiding authority (either the court or DA). You don't proudly admit that you committed a crime and incriminate yourself by stating you blackmailed and extorted an attorney. Since he's publicly admitted committing a crime, I think the DA should investigate this as well.

You misread what he wrote. He didn't do any of the above.

What he did was use evidence to turn the tide in his favor, and cut a deal with the other side so she wouldn't be exposed.

It won him custody of his children which is all he really wanted anyway.

That isn't blackmail. Suborning perjury was the crime his ex-wife and her attorney were complicit in engaging in. The attorney was hired by the General Authority, Mickelson, on behalf of his daughter.

He paid for it out of is own pockets. Kerran represented himself, and if you ask me he did one hell of a good job.

Even Johnnie Cochran couldn't have done better than he did on Judgment Day.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

AmyJo wrote:That isn't blackmail. Suborning perjury was the crime his ex-wife and her attorney were complicit in engaging in. The attorney was hired by the General Authority, Mickelson, on behalf of his daughter.
Of course it is blackmail and extortion. The scenario is that the attorney misbehaved and suborned perjury. That is the attorney's fault. He then supposedly blackmailed and extorted the attorney for the supposed misbehavior to get what he wanted. That is a crime. He has admitted to committing a crime if what he claims is true. If the attorney had done what he claims, he should have immediately reported it to the judge. He chose to commit a crime instead.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

AmyJo wrote:If you know anything about divorce attorneys they are the dirtiest scummiest thing since sleazy politicians.

My divorce attorney in Layton was one of the most ethical, kindest lawyers I could have hoped to hire. I was very fortunate. She won me custody of my daughters when I lived in North Carolina and jurisdiction was in Utah.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

AmyJo wrote:
Tobin wrote:I really don't think Kerran understands that blackmail (and extortion) is illegal. If you have proof of misbehavior by an attorney, you present it to the presiding authority (either the court or DA). You don't proudly admit that you committed a crime and incriminate yourself by stating you blackmailed and extorted an attorney. Since he's publicly admitted committing a crime, I think the DA should investigate this as well.

You misread what he wrote. He didn't do any of the above.

What he did was use evidence to turn the tide in his favor, and cut a deal with the other side so she wouldn't be exposed.

That isn't blackmail. Suborning perjury was the crime his ex-wife and her attorney were complicit in engaging in. The attorney was hired by the General Authority, Mickelson, on behalf of his daughter.

He paid for it out of is own pockets. Kerran represented himself, and if you ask me he did one hell of a good job.

Tobin wrote:Of course it is blackmail and extortion. The scenario is that the attorney misbehaved and suborned perjury. That is the attorney's fault. He then supposedly blackmailed and extorted the attorney for the supposed misbehavior to get what he wanted. That is a crime. He has admitted to committing a crime if what he claims is true. If the attorney had done what he claims, he should have immediately reported it to the judge. He chose to commit a crime instead.

This. 100%. Amy Jo clearly doesn't understand what blackmailing entails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackmail

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
AmyJo wrote:You misread what he wrote. He didn't do any of the above.

Tobin wrote:Of course it is blackmail and extortion. The scenario is that the attorney misbehaved and suborned perjury. That is the attorney's fault. He then supposedly blackmailed and extorted the attorney for the supposed misbehavior to get what he wanted. That is a crime. He has admitted to committing a crime if what he claims is true. If the attorney had done what he claims, he should have immediately reported it to the judge. He chose to commit a crime instead.

This. 100%. Amy Jo clearly doesn't understand what blackmailing entails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackmail

- Doc

Suborning perjury was the crime. It wasn't blackmail to cut a backroom deal. Judges, lawyers do it all the time.

He just called their bluff. They were the ones willing to lie in court and commit perjury to win their case.

Calling them on it is not blackmail.

You cads are really something.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

AmyJo wrote:Suborning perjury was the crime. It wasn't blackmail to cut a backroom deal. Judges, lawyers do it all the time.

He just called their bluff. They were the ones willing to lie in court and commit perjury to win their case.

Calling them on it is not blackmail.

You cads are really something.

He literally told his wife and her lawyer if they don't give him custody he's going to destroy the lawyer's career. They gave him custody under penalty of that threat, and he attempted to destroy the lawyer's career anyway.

That's damned blackmail, AND backstabbing.

Why are you falling on your sword for this guy?

- Doc
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

This is an intriguing case.

Why (if that is what happened) did the attorney feel that the wife's case needed perjured testimony to make it stand up?

Why (if the father has indeed committed a crime by using his evidence of perjury to persuade the wife not to oppose custody) has no-one reported him to the police? He has. after all, publicly admitted to having performed all the acts that, according to some, constitute blackmail.

So: maybe his acts, understood in full context rather than purely on the basis of what the father has put online, did not actually constitute blackmail. The alternative is that the acts committed by the wife and attorney were so horrendous as to persuade a mother to give up custody of her children (read that again in a louder voice) rather than have them revealed. But now the father has revealed them, or at least some of them ...

by the way, DrC - "backstabbing"? That's what we call it when someone breaches the trust of an unsuspecting and innocent person by attacking them for no good reason. It's surely not a word we would use for putting pressure on a crooked lawyer who has colluded with a crooked client to attack someone who detects the crookedness, and then demands a quid pro quo for not turning the crooks in.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

Or maybe she and her attorney don't know about what he's saying now. Has anyone tried to contact them? I'm sure they'd be very interested.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Chap wrote:by the way, DrC - "backstabbing"? That's what we call it when someone breaches the trust of an unsuspecting and innocent person by attacking them for no good reason.

Mmmm... I disagree. If you make a deal with someone, blackmail or otherwise, and you renege on it or do what you say you weren't going to do that's a backstab.

Maybe double-cross?

I don't know. This is a total crap show, and it's awesome. I hope the truth comes out eventually.

- Doc