Love him or hate him, NewNameNoah is back with another video

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Love him or hate him, NewNameNoah is back with another video

Post by _Sanctorian »

I know a lot of people are divided on the issue, but I personally am grateful for people like NewNameNoah. His being able to document the temple with video is powerful imagery that my kids will be able to watch and judge for themselves prior to ever going. Had I watched his videos prior to going, I know I would have had major doubts about following through with it. Anyway, his new video is set to be released July 4th. Here is a still he posted online.

https://i.reddituploads.com/19d4d4331a264aeb8a8d119948ad5175?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=09398f26092dfc5cf68f913cc5092306
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Re: Love him or hate him, NewNameNoah is back with another v

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

One thing for sure. It shouldn't take the attendees of the sealing long to figure out who the mole was.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Sanctorian wrote:I know a lot of people are divided on the issue, but I personally am grateful for people like NewNameNoah. His being able to document the temple with video is powerful imagery that my kids will be able to watch and judge for themselves prior to ever going. Had I watched his videos prior to going, I know I would have had major doubts about following through with it. Anyway, his new video is set to be released July 4th. Here is a still he posted online.

https://i.reddituploads.com/19d4d4331a264aeb8a8d119948ad5175?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=09398f26092dfc5cf68f913cc5092306

Unless things have changed an awful lot more than I realized since the last time I was in a Mormon temple, the scene depicted in your link was not an actual ceremony in an actual temple. Few of the people in that scene were wearing the obligatory, all white clothing required in the temple.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Gunnar, wedding guests don't have to wear all white. Just nice clothes and the little white booties. Those getting married have to be in their temple robes.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

SteelHead wrote:Gunnar, wedding guests don't have to wear all white. Just nice clothes and the little white booties. Those getting married have to be in their temple robes.

Correct. It's been that way for at least 20 years. The photo looks legit.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_MetalSlasher
_Emeritus

Post by _MetalSlasher »

If some jerk recorded me and my wife's private moment and posted it online for the world to see id kick his ass. He's such a creeper and probably is a peeping Tom. How are invasions of privacy considered respectable? I would kick NewNameNoahs ass.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

MetalSlasher wrote:If some jerk recorded me and my wife's private moment and posted it online for the world to see id kick his ass. He's such a creeper and probably is a peeping Tom. How are invasions of privacy considered respectable? I would kick NewNameNoahs ass.

His name is Mike Norton and lives in Logan. According to Utah law, he hasn't done anything illegal sooooooooo, you can go kick his ass if you want but your assault will be more illegal than what he's doing.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_MetalSlasher
_Emeritus

Post by _MetalSlasher »

Sanctorian wrote:
MetalSlasher wrote:If some jerk recorded me and my wife's private moment and posted it online for the world to see id kick his ass. He's such a creeper and probably is a peeping Tom. How are invasions of privacy considered respectable? I would kick NewNameNoahs ass.

His name is Mike Norton and lives in Logan. According to Utah law, he hasn't done anything illegal sooooooooo, you can go kick his ass if you want but your assault will be more illegal than what he's doing.

Voureyism with a camera should be illegal. Why is he allowed in a temple and not excommunicated yet?
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

He has been excommunicated. He uses other people's recommends.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

One thing for sure, he sure got your panties in a wad.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015