Sandra Tanner Knows Nothing About Religion per Sunstone

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Sandra Tanner Knows Nothing About Religion per Sunstone

Post by _Nightlion »

At a Book of Mormon forum moderated by Chris Smith at Sunstone Saturday afternoon four divergent views of the Book of Mormon were presented. Sandra Tanner opted to show Joseph Smith plagiarized from other scriptures. All she did was prove that she knows nothing about Christ and his gospel. The revelations of Jesus are all from before the foundation of the world as kept in his own bosom to be revealed at various times to various prophets from the beginning of the world to the end thereof.
Doctrine and Covenants 35:17-21
17 And I have sent forth the fulness of my gospel by the hand of my servant Joseph; and in weakness have I blessed him;
18 And I have given unto him the keys of the mystery of those things which have been sealed, even things which were from the foundation of the world, and the things which shall come from this time until the time of my coming, if he abide in me, and if not, another will I plant in his stead.
19 Wherefore, watch over him that his faith fail not, and it shall be given by the Comforter, the Holy Ghost, that knoweth all things.
20 And a commandment I give unto thee—that thou shalt write for him; and the scriptures shall be given, even as they are in mine own bosom, to the salvation of mine own elect;
21 For they will hear my voice, and shall see me, and shall not be asleep, and shall abide the day of my coming; for they shall be purified, even as I am pure.

more:

D&C 42
56 Thou shalt ask, and my scriptures shall be given as I have appointed, and they shall be preserved in safety;
57 And it is expedient that thou shouldst hold thy peace concerning them, and not teach them until ye have received them in full.
58 And I give unto you a commandment that then ye shall teach them unto all men; for they shall be taught unto ball nations, kindreds, tongues and people.
59 Thou shalt take the things which thou hast received, which have been given unto thee in my scriptures for a law, to be my law to govern my church;
60 And he that doeth according to these things shall be saved, and he that doeth them not shall be damned if he so continue.
61 If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things—that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal.

D&C 82: 4
4 Ye call upon my name for revelations, and I give them unto you; and inasmuch as ye keep not my sayings, which I give unto you, ye become transgressors; and justice and judgment are the penalty which is affixed unto my law.

Since all the revelations of Jesus were written from the foundation of the earth and revealed at times to various prophets any charge of plagiarism is patently absurd. That they are the same from one revelation to another proves a common provenance thus making the revelation more likely to be of God.

I suppose a Bible quote is required.

Rom. 16: 25
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

So Paul's CHARITY revelation was kept secret since the world began and just happened to be revealed to Alma before Paul.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: Sandra Tanner Knows Nothing About Religion per Sunstone

Post by _sock puppet »

So you weren't persuaded by Sandra Tanner?
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

sock puppet wrote:So you weren't persuaded by Sandra Tanner?

She should thank her lucky stars that when I got up to ask a question I did not thunder this rebuke of her in public.

She mocked what I did proffer and so I came here to vent.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

I asked the panel to look at this picture from my Apocalrock collection for evidence of the Book of Mormon. They were all taken aback and Sandra denied that 1830 was obviously included in the trees on the mountain where Mormon and Moroni were transcribing plates at the tilt up desk where Mormon was inscribing and Moroni kept a look out is seen.

I asked Sandra if she sees the date 1830 and she denied being able to see it. I doubt she even looked at the picture for a half a second. I called her not credible and she called me not credible which got lots of laughs from the overflow crowd. But many earnest folks came to me and inquired and witnessed the truth of it for themselves.

All the surrounding rocks with layers of striations are to represent the piles of engraved plates Mormon was working with.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Nightlion wrote:I asked the panel to look at this picture from my Apocalrock collection for evidence of the Book of Mormon. They were all taken aback and Sandra denied that 1830 was obviously included in the trees on the mountain where Mormon and Moroni were transcribing plates at the tilt up desk where Mormon was inscribing and Moroni kept a look out is seen.

I asked Sandra if she sees the date 1830 and she denied being able to see it. I doubt she even looked at the picture for a half a second. I called her not credible and she called me not credible which got lots of laughs from the overflow crowd. But many earnest folks came to me and inquired and witnessed the truth of it for themselves.

Night Kitten

Gerald and Sandra Tanner have done more to discredit Mormonism than any 2 persons on earth. They hold the first position and you will only wither under the protection she will be given. She is not about to look at your picture/photo for a quick moment and give some earth shattering "I see, I see" like Marin Harris. Most will view your presentations as "out in left field, bizarre".
My advice go slow with whom ever you approach with the apolcalrock stuff-even then you are going to take heat.

And give Tanner her due- trying to discredit her makes you look very very bad.

k
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Nightlion wrote:

She should thank her lucky stars that when I got up to ask a question I did not thunder this rebuke of her in public.

Sour grapes old man?

She has had FAR more success than you have. On second thought, since you have had no success, that was a cinch for her. :lol:

by the way, how is your membership drive going for your church of nOne?
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Nightlion wrote:

Thundering Rebukers would make a good band name or motorcycle club. :lol: Oops, was that mocking? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

kairos wrote:
Gerald and Sandra Tanner have done more to discredit Mormonism than any 2 persons on earth. They hold the first position and you will only wither under the protection she will be given. She is not about to look at your picture/photo for a quick moment and give some earth shattering "I see, I see" like Marin Harris. Most will view your presentations as "out in left field, bizarre".
My advice go slow with whom ever you approach with the apolcalrock stuff-even then you are going to take heat.

And give Tanner her due- trying to discredit her makes you look very very bad.

k

I gave ULHM a pass thirty-five years ago only because the LDS deserved what they dished out. I was embarrassed for her weak attempt to smear Joseph as a plagiarist. She is a woman of ill-fame for the like of it.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Nightlion wrote:I asked the panel to look at this picture from my Apocalrock collection for evidence of the Book of Mormon.

Right there was where you lost credibility.

I'll bet that anyone can make out images of anything they want in that rock formation.
For instance, I can see the late great L. Ron Hubbards image formed by the edge of that darker outcrop. And a couple of Krispy Kreme's.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

I have a question wrote:
Nightlion wrote:I asked the panel to look at this picture from my Apocalrock collection for evidence of the Book of Mormon.

Right there was where you lost credibility.

I'll bet that anyone can make out images of anything they want in that rock formation.
For instance, I can see the late great L. Ron Hubbards image formed by the edge of that darker outcrop. And a couple of Krispy Kreme's.

Wait a second, IHAQ. I think we can learn something important here. We have, according to Nightlion, a God who thought it reasonable to spend millions of years creating geological formations that only one person would recognize and feel inspired by. This same God also created this testimony to his Only Begotten Son:

So now we have established that the Master of the Universe, the First Cause, the Supreme Being, is a comedian. Or a nut. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov