MI Director Praises Bradford's "broader...academic vision"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: MI Director Praises Bradford's "broader...academic visio

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Kishkumen wrote:
Gadianton wrote:An epic read, professor Scratch. The reveal that Fluhman was behind the whole thing all along left my head spinning and your command of Marxism is the stuff of legend.

I thought the retooling of the MI happened in June of 2012.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the Dean is suggesting that Fluhman engineered the expulsion of the classic-FARMS crowd. Instead, I think he's pointing to the fact that, practically from the outset, Fluhman was tapped to execute Bradford's vision of the MI. So, of the Mopologists truly are outraged over the MI's "new direction," it seems strange that Fluhman has managed to avoid their ire, for what it's worth.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: MI Director Praises Bradford's "broader...academic visio

Post by _Lemmie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Gadianton wrote:An epic read, professor Scratch. The reveal that Fluhman was behind the whole thing all along left my head spinning and your command of Marxism is the stuff of legend.

I thought the retooling of the MI happened in June of 2012.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the Dean is suggesting that Fluhman engineered the expulsion of the classic-FARMS crowd. Instead, I think he's pointing to the fact that, practically from the outset, Fluhman was tapped to execute Bradford's vision of the MI. So, of the Mopologists truly are outraged over the MI's "new direction," it seems strange that Fluhman has managed to avoid their ire, for what it's worth.

In order to accomplish that, it may have been strategic to keep Fluhman's involvement under wraps until the excitement died down, specifically to keep the new Editor from being sullied in the first wave of predictable craziness once DCP was let go.