The MAD Board Has Clearly Jumped The Shark

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: The MAD Board Has Clearly Jumped The Shark

Post by _grindael »

UtahTexan wrote:I have not seen [wanted to see] a lot of interest in true discussion.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_mackay11
_Emeritus

Post by _mackay11 »

Craig Paxton wrote:
mackay11 wrote:
Hi cwald. Hey... I discovered that your signature quote is so, so true. (The red one)

Hi Mackay11, The is Craig Paxton a.k.a. Johnnie Cake. I should have taken your advice...although I thought I was. I've been place on a restricted account on MD&D <---see still trying to be respectful, due to one of the mod's misrepresenting/misinterpreting one of my posts.

So here are my thoughts since being placed on a limited status. Before I tried to be respectful and would self edit my posts to accommodate the delicate dispositions of the MD&D posters and Mod's...but since my restriction I don't give a [deleted]...I've found that on 12 posts a day I'm more snarky...they've taken the fun out of the board for me and if I remain restricted I'll probably just go out with in a great ball of fire...

You're Johnnie Cake?!! I had no idea we had such distinguished guests over on MDDB. I thought jkw and consig were the only posters who regularly "swing both ways" (IYKWIM).

Restricted eh? That's a bummer. I can understand getting irate sometimes. That's mainly why I've given it a rest, it's not good for the amydala, too much negative activity.

I'm still aspiring towards cwald's goal in my attitude to Mormonism: utter apathy. It's a long road, but I'm headed in the right direction.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

mackay11 wrote:You're Johnnie Cake?!! I had no idea we had such distinguished guests over on MDDB. I thought jkw and consig were the only posters who regularly "swing both ways" (IYKWIM).

Restricted eh? That's a bummer. I can understand getting irate sometimes. That's mainly why I've given it a rest, it's not good for the amydala, too much negative activity.

I'm still aspiring towards cwald's goal in my attitude to Mormonism: utter apathy. It's a long road, but I'm headed in the right direction.

I think it's time for me to take a break from that place. It's exhausting and demoralizing to get jumped on, no matter what I say. I keep deluding myself into believing that, if I can just make myself better understood, I'll get along with some people. What is it they say about insanity? That it's trying the same thing over and over and expecting to get a different result.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Runtu! :smile:

Runtu wrote:
I think it's time for me to take a break from that place. It's exhausting and demoralizing to get jumped on, no matter what I say.

Perhaps it has very little to do with what you say?

in my opinion - From my experiences there many moons ago - what is said is far less important than who it is that says it. It was never about sincere engagements among posters - it was always about protecting, defending and supporting certain posters, no matter what these certain posters contributed.

I keep deluding myself into believing that, if I can just make myself better understood, I'll get along with some people.

You may get along with some people - but - no matter what you say - or how politely you say it - or how much effort you extend to be understood - you are still an apostate - you will always be seen as a danger and that trumps all.

What is it they say about insanity? That it's trying the same thing over and over and expecting to get a different result.

While that is true, I am always a little baffled as to why someone would even want to participate in a community where they are clearly not welcome or wanted in said community.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Ceeboo wrote:Hey Runtu! :smile:

Perhaps it has very little to do with what you say?

in my opinion - From my experiences there many moons ago - what is said is far less important than who it is that says it. It was never about sincere engagements among posters - it was always about protecting, defending and supporting certain posters, no matter what these certain posters contributed.

You may get along with some people - but - no matter what you say - or how politely you say it - or how much effort you extend to be understood - you are still an apostate - you will always be seen as a danger and that trumps all.

While that is true, I am always a little baffled as to why someone would even want to participate in a community where they are clearly not welcome or wanted in said community.

Peace,
Ceeboo

It just tells me I still have that pathetic need to be liked, which has been the curse of my existence.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

I like you a great deal, Runtu. Don't ever change. :smile:
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:I like you a great deal, Runtu. Don't ever change. :smile:

Ditto That! :smile:
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Yeah, and Heaven Up Here is a great read. Thanks for putting it out there. There really needs to be an audio version...have you ever thought about that?
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:I like you a great deal, Runtu. Don't ever change. :smile:

You are well-liked just as you are! (mfb over at the other board notwithstanding--but he is an angry, obsessed outlier with an extreme lack of self-awareness whose opinion it is absolutely necessary to discount, in order to preserve the statistical accuracy of this sample. :cool: )

I've followed your blog and read your posts here; your approach to life and the explanations you've given about how you've developed that approach, as well as how you've developed your method of dealing in a healthy way with the unique (well, maybe not so unique to many readers here) Mormon aspects have been invaluable to read.

Thank you for being so open, you have no idea how many people read what you say and feel supported and encouraged in their own challenges.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Well, thanks. The feeling is mutual. I just wish I could be more OK with myself without needing to be liked.
Last edited by cacheman on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Runtu's Rincón