Comparative Biographies of Warren Aston, Discoverer of Nahom

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Comparative Biographies of Warren Aston, Discoverer of N

Post by _moksha »

Perhaps Dr. Aston will discover that UFOs had made contacts with the Lehi group exodus near NHM*. Follow up contacts between this craft and the Nephites may have lead to the removal of all Nephite artifacts after the demise of that once thriving civilization (even if it was hemispherically limited to an area of roughly sixteen salt lake city blocks).

* with vowels added it would read Nahom, and would be pronounced Neehoom, meaning "shadow of the salamander under the second moon".
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

grindael wrote:
Lemmie wrote:Although I see from Doctor Scratch's comment that the Moon Quaker idea came from Brigham Young, not Joseph Smith? I was not aware of that.

Re: the movie, Event Horizon, interesting idea that it represented Outer Darkness, that does fit in with the Kolob concept, I suppose, given that it was a wormhole hop away. That was an interesting SciFi movie that I always felt got unnecessarily dark pretty quickly; as a religious allegory, however, it makes much more sense.

Actually, it came from Joseph Smith...

https://mormonitemusings.com/2011/12/23 ... e-mormons/

Thank you for the reference, grindael! I really didn't think BY quite had the imagination to come up with that..... :cool:
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Lemmie wrote:
Thank you for the reference, grindael! I really didn't think BY quite had the imagination to come up with that..... :cool:

It was my first blog article on Musings, so go easy on me.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:Huh. That's real interesting, Prof. J. I wonder if William Tyndale was actually an alien? Maybe the "spirit committee" that translated the Book of Mormon for Joseph Smith was actually a committee of UFOs. The mind reels at the possibilities....

Or even that the Book of Mormon happened on another planet.

A planet where everyone speaks 16th-17th century English.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

moksha wrote:Perhaps Dr. Aston will discover that UFOs had made contacts with the Lehi group exodus near NHM*. Follow up contacts between this craft and the Nephites may have lead to the removal of all Nephite artifacts after the demise of that once thriving civilization (even if it was hemispherically limited to an area of roughly sixteen salt lake city blocks).

* with vowels added it would read Nahom, and would be pronounced Neehoom, meaning "shadow of the salamander under the second moon".

Is it possible the meaning could be read as 'shadow of the [white] salamander under the second [Quaker] moon?!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

grindael wrote:Actually, it came from Joseph Smith...

Even before that, the Moon People were mentioned by Swedish theologian Emanuel Swedenborg. Reverend Swedenborg described them as wearing a traditional Swedish cap known as a moppa. Such a warm woolen cap would come in handy during those cold moon nights. Perhaps this group traded their surplus moppas with the Moon Quakers in exchange for oats.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

moksha wrote:
grindael wrote:Actually, it came from Joseph Smith...

Even before that, the Moon People were mentioned by Swedish theologian Emanuel Swedenborg. Reverend Swedenborg described them as wearing a traditional Swedish cap known as a moppa. Such a warm woolen cap would come in handy during those cold moon nights. Perhaps this group traded their surplus moppas with the Moon Quakers in exchange for oats.

Good grief, Joseph Smith cribbed from everybody!
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

grindael wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

It was my first blog article on Musings, so go easy on me.

And as usual, it was fascinating, grindael, thank you. I think you're currently working on a polygamy article, yes? Within that context, this quote is stunning:
“A month ago or more one of the Apostles, Adams by name, returned from a two years’ mission in England, bringing with him a wife and child, although he had left a wife and family here when he went away, and I am told that his first wife is reconciled to this certainly at first unwelcome guest to her home, for her husband and some others have reasoned with her that plurality of wives is taught in the Bible, that Abraham, Jacob, Solomon, David, and indeed all the old prophets and good men, had several wives, and if right for them, it is right for the Latter Day Saints. Furthermore, the first wife will always be first in her husband’s affection and the head of the household, where she will have a larger influence. Poor, weak woman!

I cannot believe that Joseph will ever sanction such a doctrine, and should the Mormons in any way engraft such an article on their religion, the sect would surely fall to pieces, for what community or State could harbor such outrageous immorality? I cannot think so meanly of my sex as that they could submit to any such degradation.”
Nauvoo, Letter dated, Sept 8th 1843, “A GIRL’S LETTERS FROM NAUVOO, Overland Monthly, 1890).

(Bolds and font size increase added by me.)
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lemmie wrote:Re: the movie, Event Horizon, interesting idea that it represented Outer Darkness, that does fit in with the Kolob concept, I suppose, given that it was a wormhole hop away. That was an interesting SciFi movie that I always felt got unnecessarily dark pretty quickly; as a religious allegory, however, it makes much more sense.

Why couldn't have the gosh darn Book of Mormon narrative taken place in a simulated computer program, and simply conveyed to Joseph Smith via his iStone? And why can't heckin' Outer Darkness simply be shutting the program down?

See? It all ficklety fits!

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Maksutov wrote:As the proud owner of A Mormon Looks at Aliens and UFOs, I can confirm that Warren Aston is also the discoverer of what he claims is the first UFO close encounter experience.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case1032.htm

Udo Wartena was a LDS miner who wrote to Senator John Glenn in 1980 about his 1940 experience.

http://thechurchofufology.blogspot.com/ ... rtena.html

Is there no picture of Udo?
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE