Should Mormon Senators now resign?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Re: Should Mormon Senators now resign?

Post by _cafe crema »

Aero wrote:
I have a question wrote:Or Should all Mormon senators now be required to reaffirm the oath of office, explicitly stating that their election certificate takes precedence over their temple recommend?

Would you believe them if they did?

No, not really, I may try to give them the benefit of the doubt but deep down no. Now I put them with fundy Evangelical Christians, or people I won't vote for. Smith did everything that everyone bitches about HC doing.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I think the open admission that the Church wants members in political positions, and the Smith tape, shows just how manipulative and insidious the Church is prepared to be in fighting what they term the "Gay Agenda".

You can now never trust a Mormon politician to vote anything other than Mormonism.
Which is a shame for those politicians who are Mormon who also have a moral conscience to vote what they believe to be right even if it goes against their Church. The American voters were right in their assessment that Romney would have just been a Church stooge.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

I doubt you'll ever see a video like this where Harry Reid renders his obeisance before The Brethren.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen