Utah wants Trump to protect Guns and save them fro Abortions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Utah wants Trump to protect Guns and save them fro Abortions

Post by _Sanctorian »

*disclaimer - I do not endorse any candidate. However, I find Utah to be particularly interesting to watch this election cycle. The desnews, a republican conservative newspaper, asks Trump to drop out. Utah could vote democrat for the first time since the 60's. It's quite the conundrum for the far right state. This particular statement shows how dire the situation is.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/us-election/as-final-debate-looms-utah-emerges-as-conscience-of-republican-party/article32433089/

Some Utah voters express a dislike of Mr. Trump but say they’ll probably vote for him because their biggest priority is protecting a conservative majority on the U.S. Supreme Court. That majority, they believe, is critical to preserving the rights of gun owners and restrictions on abortions.

So because gun rights and restrictions on abortions are some of the most pressing issues to utahns, they feel obligated to vote Trump whom they can't stand. The other option is to vote a Mormon independent who has zero chance of winning the election. Not only will Utah help secure Clinton the election, they will lose their guns and restrictions on abortions along the way, or so they think. :rolleyes:
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.