Visit from an obsessive

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Visit from an obsessive

Post by _Chap »

Looking at the board this morning, I see seven long scripture-filled posts by a poster calling himself or herself Isaiah. The content is of a kind we are familiar with: even the Dream Mine is mentioned at one point, I see.

May I suggest that board members should consider simply pretending this person isn't there? The more people react by responding on these threads, the more of them there will be.

Of course (reads words from card held up by frantic studio manager) "All contributions are welcome and nobody should disinvite people from the board". But we are not obliged to give the healing balm of our attention to every obsessive nut who splurges at us from his basement , are we?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_DrW
_Emeritus

Re: Visit from an obsessive

Post by _DrW »

We most certainly are not.

by the way: Starting a new thread to pose this question was a great idea.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Agreed, I think Isaiah has been making too much medicine in his basement and has dropped LDS a few too many times.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Tator wrote:I think Isaiah ... has dropped LDS a few too many times.

ROTFLMAO!
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

Tator wrote:Agreed, I think Isaiah has been making too much medicine in his basement and has dropped LDS a few too many times.

Its spelled LSD.

Uther
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Uther wrote:
Tator wrote:Agreed, I think Isaiah has been making too much medicine in his basement and has dropped LDS a few too many times.

Its spelled LSD.

Uther

You know this is a joke, right?

It's a reference to a genuine slip by a poster on (I think) a non-LDS-linked board some time back, who mistyped and wrote that someone had 'probably done too much LDS' or something similar as an explanation of their mental confusion.
Zadok:
Maksutov:
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Heya...I am not sure, but I believe Isaiah was the one banned yesterday on MD@D...scary stuff!
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

Chap wrote:

It's a reference to a genuine slip by a poster on (I think) a non-LDS-linked board some time back, who mistyped and wrote that someone had 'probably done too much LDS' or something similar as an explanation of their mental confusion.

Thanks for enlightening me.
I guessed it was a joke but didn't know the context, nor did I have a more funny reply than my short spelling statement ;)

Uther
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Chap wrote:
Uther wrote:
Its spelled LSD.

Uther

It was also in a line from one of the Star Trek movies.

https://youtu.be/pgHxFNFWlZc?t=11
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I just saw these and read through one... there is a silver lining, however, in that there were quite a number of entertaining riffs following the OP.

What other thread would produce all in one place such gems as copypasta, the dropping of LDS, the earnest explanation that LSD was spelt wrong, 'tewl', a report of a failing yet scriptural leprosy cure, a NightLion post composed of a single emoticon (showing more restraint than I thought the old boy had in him, frankly), an obligatory reading from a cue card 'held up by frantic studio manager', and finally, the quote-throttled phrase "your" "thoughts", which, used in a teaching moment by Blixa made me laugh the most. Well done, Blixa. Well done, all.

And one meaningful sentence from the original poster:

I guess if my grammar is supposedly that bad, then I most likely didn't
copy it from someone.

We can only hope, Isaiah-wannabe, we can only hope.

One question re two statements bolded in the OP:
Only he knows your heart and who is righteous and who is not.

it is not those who appear to be God’s people whom God saves in the end but those who are rejected by the majority

What poster has used both those ideas repeatedly in recent threads to defend himself? Hmm... Let me exercise my mental facilities and think.