"Live younger, Think older"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

"Live younger, Think older"

Post by _I have a question »

“I thought, ‘While living our younger lives, could I somehow hold onto the perspective of my grandmother?’ The thought entered my mind: ‘I will live younger, but think older.’ This is my message to you today. As you live younger, learn to embrace the perspective of those who are older.”

By embracing older thinking while younger enables people to find “great happiness and satisfaction,” he taught.

Sharing the experiences of many faithful members around the world, Elder Andersen spoke of simple ways individuals “live younger and think older.” The apostle shared three ways — trust in their Heavenly Father and in the Savior, gratitude beyond the obvious and “love in the first place” — that people are able to accomplish his counsel.

“We must not only believe these things, but put them into practice,” he said. “In our last general conference, President Monson gave this advice: ‘It is not enough … merely to believe in [the Savior] and His mission. We need to work and learn, search and pray, repent and improve. We need to know God’s laws and live them. We need to receive His saving ordinances. Only by so doing will we obtain true, eternal happiness.’ "

Elder Andersen encouraged listeners to “decide now while you are young” to follow the counsel of President Monson and to be “grounded and settled” in their soul.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... older.html
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')