Brent Metcalfe's book on the Book of Abraham?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Brent Metcalfe's book on the Book of Abraham?

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:
I'm assuming the tingling in your tummy tells you that, because Egyptology (as has been amply pointed out to you) shows different. You continue to demonstrate your intellectual dishonesty.

The tingling in the tummy and spiritual impressions from the Mormon Ghost are all zerinus has to sustain his beliefs that the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 are somehow inspired. He will grab at anything and deny reality and facts when they stare him in the face. It's like lying and saying the sun isn't shining when in fact one is bathed in sunlight. Apologists love to deny the light and bathe themselves in darkness.

The Mormon Ghost and tummy tingles are no match against modern Egyptology. The crap that Joseph Smith pushed on his followers is both repulsive and offensive to all things Egyptian. The church really needs to apologize for slandering ancient Egypt and its religion.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

philo/kerry-they are asking about you on the ex-mormon rfm board today!
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

kairos wrote:philo/kerry-they are asking about you on the ex-mormon rfm board today!

The old famous rfm Board eh? Can you send me a link to there? Thank you
nevermind I found it. I shall have to post their when I get a moment and let everyone know I'm doing fine. I'm just really really busy researching my book. And I am finding some amazing stuff. It really is very good to revisit all your old assumptions. I am beginning to see just how weak my apologetic assumptions actually were. And it is truly embarrassing and humiliating. And I am going to rectify that in my book when I get it done within the next six decades :lol: yes I am joking. it's only going to take five decades, I work fast :cool:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Brent Metcalfe wrote:Yes, there is more on the way... a lot more.

This is great. I liked the article on Egyptus.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the “slave” is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed.

Absolutely correct. He is a Martian who lost an antenna when he crash landed in ancient Egypt. Another Martian came looking for him, but got caught in a time vortex and wound up in 1950's America...

I just love how Zero got spanked by da man Shulem... :lol:
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

grindael wrote:
I just love how Zero got spanked by da man Shulem... :lol:

Joseph Smith would have spanked him a lot harder had Zero lived in his day and questioned the prophet's translations and explanations. Joseph Smith would have related the same thing to him as he did to others -- they are literal translations from Egyptian to English given by revelation from Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. The testimony is that there is a king's name in the Facsimile No. 3 and anyone who says otherwise is spreading apostasy in Zion and undermining the prophet's work.

But we clearly see that Mormonism today is not Mormonism of yesterday. Mormonism is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed. Mormonism today:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Apostates
Shulem
God

A trip down memory lane

Post by Shulem »

Zerinus (zero)!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_zerinus wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Where in any of the facsimiles does Joseph Smith identify Anubis as a slave? The “slave” figure appears in facsimiles #3 (the last figure on the right):

Which has nothing to do with Anubis. Anubis is the jackal headed god, which has no resemblance with the figure Joseph Smith identifies in facsimiles #3 as the “slave”. You are picking up an awful lot of crap off anti-Mormon websites (like the one where that image comes from) without even stopping to think about it (assuming you know how to think about it). Anubis looks like these:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=anubi ... &*&imgrc=_

Not that. Anubis appears in funerary scenes, to do with mummies the afterlife; not before someone sitting alive and well on a throne.

Anubis in Facsimile No. 3 and Mormon Deception

Zerinus is a LIAR! A Mormon liar!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So, zero, what have you to say now that it's been confirmed that Smith hacked off the jackal nose of Anubis to lend credibility to his previous claim that the poor guy was just a slave?

Would you like to lie some more, zero?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

_zerinus wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:14 am
Philo Sofee wrote:you really don't read much of the literature on the book of Abraham do you? You don't have to try to demonstrate to us that you know what you're talking about because of this post demonstrate you don't what is really going on.
Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the “slave” is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed.

Joseph Smith hacked off the snout to cover his own errors and fool his readers when the final version was published in the Times and Seasons. It was Anubis all along. And it say's Anubis in the label above him. The Mormons lied.

:twisted:

You, zero, are stupid.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I used to take delight in quoting zerinus and changing the “i” to an “a.”

A trick I’m pretty sure I learned from Shulem.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

_zerinus wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:45 am
The facsimiles contain esoteric teachings of the ancient Egyptians which modern scholars and Egyptologists have not yet decyphered or discovered. It is awfully arrogant of them to suppose that with their puny little knowledge they can outsmart a prophet of God.

The Facsimiles also tell us that it's okay for grown men to marry 14 year old little girls and do God only knows what with them when nobody is looking. Are there not 14 year old girls in the Facsimiles for Smith to get acquainted with? Girls, bow down on your knees before big-Joe and say a holy, "Amen"!

Oh God, don't get me started. Holy big-Joe was well endowed and he abused many a woman. I wonder if he ever did anything with a boy? It's possible, although unlikely. But I wouldn't rule it out!

Hmmm. Maybe I should research that? What ya think, RFM? Do you think Joe did that?

:lol: