Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_why me
_Emeritus

Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Post by _why me »

The choir had a rather small presence at the ceremony. It seems that the choir member who resigned did so without reason. She most likely did not have to sing anyway. I wonder if she has regrets now. Her 15 minutes of fame is now over.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why do you care?
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

She didn't resign because they were forcing her to sing in front of Dump. She resigned because she wanted no part of a group who would pay homage to such an idiot.

And her fame clearly isn't over if people, like you for example, are still talking about her.

Get ready for four years of President Jerry Springer.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Fence Sitter wrote:She didn't resign because they were forcing her to sing in front of Dump. She resigned because she wanted no part of a group who would pay homage to such an idiot.

She did not want to sing for the choir. She made a mistake. The inauguration was a success. No big movie stars, no big singers. But it was a nice event. Now she is not in the choir. I hope that she is happy with her decision. In terms of 'dump' I have this feeling that he will do quite well for the US. But who knows. I will give him a chance.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

why me wrote:She did not want to sing for the choir. She made a mistake.

I think it may have been a small mistake for her to publicize her decision in the way she did, but I in no way thing she made a mistake by following her moral and ethical compass.

If only we were all so brave, and committed to our principles to make such "mistakes."
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Fence Sitter wrote:She didn't resign because they were forcing her to sing in front of Dump. She resigned because she wanted no part of a group who would pay homage to such an idiot.

why me wrote:She did not want to sing for the choir.

Wrong, she made it clear she didn't want to be part of a group who would sing in front of a bigot like Trump.
why me wrote:She made a mistake.

Wrong again, she made a moral decision not to participate in an event to support an immoral person, for which she is being criticized by hypocrites like you. The mistake she made was to compare him to Hitler, beyond that I agree with her stance. You do realize there is some history where a Mormon group is photographed saluting Hitler pre WW2? So her comparison was not totally out of left field.
why me wrote:The inauguration was a success. No big movie stars, no big singers. But it was a nice event.

It was a success based on what criteria? That it happened? Once again you set the bar so low even Dump can jump over it.

why me wrote:Now she is not in the choir. I hope that she is happy with her decision.

Well if people like you are her critics I think she should be happy.

why me wrote: In terms of 'dump' I have this feeling that he will do quite well for the US. But who knows. I will give him a chance.

I wish no ill will on my own country and hope you are right. I hope I am totally wrong about him.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

why me wrote:The choir had a rather small presence at the ceremony. It seems that the choir member who resigned did so without reason. She most likely did not have to sing anyway. I wonder if she has regrets now. Her 15 minutes of fame is now over.

What a dreary little person whyme is.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

why me wrote:It seems that the choir member who resigned did so without reason.

She made her reasoning perfectly clear on numerous occasions. Your statement is just flat out wrong. You're always flat out wrong. You specialize in being wrong. If being wrong was an Olympic sport people would refuse to compete with you on the basis they didn't stand a sporting chance.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

I have a question wrote:
why me wrote:It seems that the choir member who resigned did so without reason.

She made her reasoning perfectly clear on numerous occasions. Your statement is just flat out wrong. You're always flat out wrong. You specialize in being wrong. If being wrong was an Olympic sport people would refuse to compete with you on the basis they didn't stand a sporting chance.

whyme would be the Michael Phelps of the Olympic sport of being wrong.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Why do you care?

Somebody's testimony needs a safe space. :lol: Even a single dissenter can be triggering.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov