Urban dictionary 'Mormon'

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Urban dictionary 'Mormon'

Post by _Sanctorian »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mormon&defid=5596277

Some of my favorites and surprisingly accurate.

A very nice, generous, misunderstood group of non-gay, mostly white people. They don't practice polygamy or have multiple wives except after death where men can have as many wives as they want. They try to do the best they can in life. They're not perfect and don't think they're perfect unless but they do think they are better than non-Mormons. They strive to work hard and get through life without much trouble. They don't put down other religions, at least not to your face. They don't think you'll go to hell unless you're gay or you're in a different religion. They believe everyone has a chance to have eternal salvation, except the gays, and that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are two separate beings, and that Christ created the Earth for straight Mormons only. They think they're Christian. They don't think Joseph Smith (the translator of the Book of Mormon) is a god, just equal with Jesus. They also believe he is a prophet of God. They aren't here to overtake the world, even though their doctrine says they are. They try to allow everyone who would like to hear about their church to hear about it. And they also try to allow everyone who would NOT like to hear about it, hear about it as well. They understand that it's your choice to join or not and they don't force it upon you. However, they'll force you to join once you're dead so why fight it now? I know these things are true and I say them in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Despite what you might have heard from the Mormons, they actually do love gay people, as long as they stop being gay.

1. 99% live in Utah.
2. Napoleon Dynamite is their hero.
3. believe green jello is a sacred food.
4. have 28045345.5 kids.
5. use slang curse words: oh my ____ (heck, gosh, fetch...)
6. pretty much have the hottest girls around...
Oh my gosh are the Smiths Mormons?! We better have a party so they can bring some frickin' sweet green jello!...

Someone who is a little annoyed about people's entries on Mormon in the urban dictionary and would advise all who read this not to waste their time reading the following pathetic prejudices and/or the equally useless attempts at defending one's religion in a website that is supposed to be about fun, urban slang.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.