Polygamy, Shared Guilt, Control

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: Polygamy, Shared Guilt, Control

Post by _sock puppet »

Polygamy is a reality of Eternal Life. The mere scent of it made men mad at first wiff. You cannot get around that in Mormonism.
Women are saved in childbearing. Men on the other hand must have their seed sanctified and even after that be proven at all hazards to endure unto their calling and election made sure, whereby they are given Eternal Life. Women need not be given the promise of Eternal Life. It is a priesthood only burden. Women are given to and sealed to those who have Eternal Life. Do you Mormons really imagine that Eve brought forth alone the billions and billions who have come to this earth? That will be an affront to equal rights for women.
sock puppet wrote:How is a man's 'seed sanctified' by it producing offspring with multiple women rather than just one?
How is polygamy intrinsically 'a reality of Eternal Life'? Don't merely repeat the conclusion; explain why it is so, what it achieves that monogamy does not.

Nightlion wrote:By being truly born again in this life.
Because billions of women make it while few men do.

Then it sounds like god should trust women with the priesthood rather than men, doesn't it?
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Nightlion wrote:I have no idea what godlike gestation is.

We know somewhere near 30 billion souls will come into mortality on this, Adam's, planet. I imagine a single ejaculation of male semen carries what ? About a half a billion spermazoa. We are talking about the sexual potency of an exalted man. If there is some means of utilizing all of them Adam would only need to ejaculate less than 100 times.

Let' not speculate how these seeds are harvested. We don't want Boyd K. Packer turning over in his grave.

If a regular ole woman can give birth to octuplets, just imagine how many souls an exalted woman can carry within the womb.

Single pregnancy. Tripladecagigatuplets. Done. Seems to me, that there is just as likely a need for more than one Adam.

Eve was barren in the Garden of Eden. Women, even exalted ones have a closed set of conceptions.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

sock puppet wrote:

Then it sounds like god should trust women with the priesthood rather than men, doesn't it?

Precisely why men do have the priesthood.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

sock puppet wrote:

Nightlion wrote:Precisely why men do have the priesthood.

NL, maybe I'm a little thick in the head from 2 dental implants and painkillers but your comments are lost on me.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Nightlion wrote:I have no idea what godlike gestation is.

We know somewhere near 30 billion souls will come into mortality on this, Adam's, planet. I imagine a single ejaculation of male semen carries what ? About a half a billion spermazoa. We are talking about the sexual potency of an exalted man. If there is some means of utilizing all of them Adam would only need to ejaculate less than 100 times.

Let' not speculate how these seeds are harvested. We don't want Boyd K. Packer turning over in his grave.

If a regular ole woman can give birth to octuplets, just imagine how many souls an exalted woman can carry within the womb.

Single pregnancy. Tripladecagigatuplets. Done. Toss in superfetation, and it seems to me that the need for more than one Adam is more likely.

Don't forget that the 7000 years of recorded history featuring the population of the Lord to date only took a week of the Lord's time.
That would make a 9 month earthly pregnancy only take about 0.018 of a day or 15.55200 seconds in the Lord's time.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

JLHPROF wrote:Don't forget that the 7000 years of recorded history featuring the population of the Lord to date only took a week of the Lord's time.
That would make a 9 month earthly pregnancy only take about 0.018 of a day or 15.55200 seconds in the Lord's time.

Yup...my kind of heaven. It doesn't get much better than giving birth every 15 seconds for eternity.

(And you wonder why women in the church shudder when the topic of polygamy comes up.... :rolleyes: )
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

JLHPROF wrote:Don't forget that the 7000 years of recorded history featuring the population of the Lord to date only took a week of the Lord's time.

With math like that, I ask again why polygamy would be a necessary element of the spirit existence.
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Madison54 wrote:

Yup...my kind of heaven. It doesn't get much better than giving birth every 15 seconds for eternity.

(And you wonder why women in the church shudder when the topic of polygamy comes up.... :rolleyes: )

I don't wonder that at all.
My only point was, regardless of whether spirit children are conceived the old fashioned way or created, or whether it is one woman's spirit children or many, when we are speaking of eternity we need to try and get our heads around eternity.

You could have one child every decade, and put in untold billions of decades before you had sufficient children to populate an earth. Hardly an eternity of being pregnant. Basically, we have all the time in the world to populate a world.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

canpakes wrote:

With math like that, I ask again why polygamy would be a necessary element of the spirit existence.

Actually, I think my math might be off. Kind of late and my head is a little foggy right now.
But it's something like that.
And perhaps, just perhaps, polygamy is the natural family order of eternity, and necessity has nothing to do with the practice once we get there.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

canpakes wrote:With math like that, I ask again why polygamy would be a necessary element of the spirit existence.
JLHPROF wrote:Actually, I think my math might be off. Kind of late and my head is a little foggy right now.
But it's something like that.
And perhaps, just perhaps, polygamy is the natural family order of eternity, and necessity has nothing to do with the practice once we get there.

I think at the COB, they'd count your head being a little foggy as a manifestation of the HG to you about the truth ... of something.