Polygamy, Shared Guilt, Control

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Re: Polygamy, Shared Guilt, Control

Post by _Nightlion »

charlotte wrote:
Nightlion wrote:What sort of progress do you envision?

At a bare minimum, the church needs to say that mortal polygamy is over. No "from time to time the Lord commands" crap holding open the door to mortal polygamy just in case. Millions of faithful, compliant LDS women have agonized over this, and not putting it to rest is straight-up emotional abuse.

Well those 'faithful Mormon women fail at the commandments of Christ just as abominable as the men do. So they are yet the enemies of Christ having never put off the world and taken upon them the name of Jesus Christ and God has never given any of them the new creation conceived by God's power. So their attitude is irrelevant about Celestial concerns. They keep the world and the attitudes of the world trampling upon the Holy One of Israel.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Nightlion wrote:Joseph Smith ... saw what was coming and chose to be assigned elsewhere.

Joseph stepped off and let the rest of the world have it their way.

Interesting course of action for a prophet appointed by God.

NL, what's with this new 'Joseph the Quitter' defense that seems to be appearing within your posts more often these days?
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Nightlion wrote:The point is that polygamy IS an eternal principle. Is that unacceptable to your humanity?

NL, if the spirits have eternity to raise up spirit children, then why do they need polygamy?
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

grindael wrote:
Because billions of women make it while few men do.

This is the kind of garbage that self proclaimed "prophets" have to pedal to justify their bizarre beliefs. Truly ignorant.

And being the self proclaimed enemy of all righteousness you somehow know better what eternal life is all about. That is what nothing is. You cancel yourself out of any consideration.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

canpakes wrote:
Nightlion wrote:Joseph Smith ... saw what was coming and chose to be assigned elsewhere.

Joseph stepped off and let the rest of the world have it their way.

Interesting course of action for a prophet appointed by God.

NL, what's with this new 'Joseph the Quitter' defense that seems to be appearing within your posts more often these days?

I posted a post about it. Joseph Smith was given the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. With very few exceptions all the joined were hypocrite under Christ declared condemnation. Once those closest to him were set to butcher him he asked to be appointed elsewhere.

The perverse think it critical thinking, craving the honors of men to corrupt greatness. Just wait and see what that gets you in the next life.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Nightlion wrote:Men on the other hand must have their seed sanctified ...

Mormons who still think God the Eternal Father is a sexual being who by seed begat the entire human race into spirit body existence with Mother in Heaven are misguided.

NL, do yo ever give thought to how the idea of male 'seed' came about to be the celebrated as the only physical component requirement of new life? It would seem that women also bear a 'seed' and it is as necessary a component for new life as the companion male 'seed'.

Perhaps because the seed of women is not quite so obviously visible, no-one quite figured this out?

Why would The Almighty simply not have made such a vital fact known, as opposed to allowing his children to wallow in ignorance over the basics of life's (arguably) most important function? Does this suggest the absence of God-given knowledge and the confirmation of primitive observations mistakenly given the imprimatur of deity?
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Nightlion wrote:
canpakes wrote:

I posted a post about it. Joseph Smith was given the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. With very few exceptions all the joined were hypocrite under Christ declared condemnation. Once those closest to him were set to butcher him he asked to be appointed elsewhere.

The perverse think it critical thinking, craving the honors of men to corrupt greatness. Just wait and see what that gets you in the next life.

Wouldn't the logical course of action be 'persevere until the end', as opposed to looking for a way out?
_Goya
_Emeritus

Post by _Goya »

Kishkumen wrote:
Polygamy takes the same kind of abuse, shaming, pain and exercise of control, and prolongs its diabolical process by years and even generations. One act of rape can be devastating and, in the longterm, horribly scarring. Imagine an act of group rape that consists of Joseph Smith's pressure on his followers to violate their consciences by entering into illegal "marriages" that violate the sanctity of their marital vows to their first spouse. Imagine the coercion of young girls who were told that their eternal salvation was at stake--that the eternal salvation of their family was at stake, if they did not cooperate with Smith's demands for marriage.

All of these things were psychologically and physically devastating, and they pulverized their victims slowly, year after year, generation after generation. And now, even today, the descendants of Joseph's victims feel compelled to sanctify Joseph's crimes, his acts of rape, perpetrated personally or through agents, that were dressed up in theological garb.

Well said.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Nightlion wrote:I fail to understand what you infer here.
I never said 'without Eve'. The point is that Adam is the father of our spirit bodies. Eve could not possibly be the ONLY mother of so many.

So, Adam can have a godlike refractory period, but Eve cannot have a godlike gestation period?

Spiritual reproduction is rascally.

I have no idea what godlike gestation is.

We know somewhere near 30 billion souls will come into mortality on this, Adam's, planet. I imagine a single ejaculation of male semen carries what ? About a half a billion spermazoa. We are talking about the sexual potency of an exalted man. If there is some means of utilizing all of them Adam would only need to ejaculate less than 100 times.

Let' not speculate how these seeds are harvested. We don't want BKP turning over in his grave.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Nightlion wrote:I have no idea what godlike gestation is.

We know somewhere near 30 billion souls will come into mortality on this, Adam's, planet. I imagine a single ejaculation of male semen carries what ? About a half a billion spermazoa. We are talking about the sexual potency of an exalted man. If there is some means of utilizing all of them Adam would only need to ejaculate less than 100 times.

Let' not speculate how these seeds are harvested. We don't want BKP turning over in his grave.

If a regular ole woman can give birth to octuplets, just imagine how many souls an exalted woman can carry within the womb.

Single pregnancy. Tripladecagigatuplets. Done. Toss in superfetation, and it seems to me that the need for more than one Adam is more likely.
Last edited by Reflexzero on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski