Juliann Gets Her Comeuppance Over On MD&D

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Juliann Gets Her Comeuppance Over On MD&D

Post by _Madison54 »

For those who do not read over on MD&D, Juliann started a thread titled: "Are cynical critics driving away Mormons?". where she basically controlled the thread by removing or banning any posters who disagreed with her (and was very nasty about anyone trying to enter HER thread).

Well, a poster named ALarson came on who hasn't been a presence there for quite a while and posted yesterday on her thread. He expressed what many over there would like to post, but are afraid to because of fear of being banned or are just plain afraid of Juliann and the other mods. I guess his post was almost immediately removed, then it came back, then it was removed again.

Here's ALarson's post and it is well worth reading as it completely nailed Juliann over on MD&D and her behavior:

"I haven't posted her for quite a while for different reasons. But I do still read on here and keep up with most of the threads. Here's my take on this thread:

- juliann seems to feel she is more important or has more to say with what goes on here than most others on this forum. She treats others in a way that most members would be banned for doing (at least thread banned). She is more disrespectful and rude than I have ever personally seen any nonbeliever treat another on this board.

- She either owns this board or is a moderator here or she is personally acquainted with whoever is, and is able to get other posters banned at will. Then she laughs or mocks anyone who infers that she's a mod here.

- If she does own this board, she should continue doing what she's currently doing, as she will end up with the board she seems to want. If she does not own this board, maybe she should take her avid followers (who like nearly every single one of her posts as soon as it's posted) and start her own board where she can create an environment where it's allowed to treat those she deems deserving with rudeness and open disdain without any consequences. However, it appears she's already allowed to do this here, so I go back to wondering why this is being allowed if she is not the owner or a moderator.

- There are many posters here and a full spectrum of beliefs and opinions. That's what makes it interesting to read and why there can be some really good and lively discussions at times. Even the great majority of non-believers (or Mormons, but not good enough Mormons according to juliann) are great people and are civil in discussions. But if she's trying to silence any who disagree with her, she appears to have the power to do so (a great example is the banning of Stem here and then the closing of his thread where he attempted to continue discussing it since he couldn't here).

- juliann does not discriminate who she chooses to attack especially if she can accuse them of sexism or racism and it appears she is able to do this with almost every topic she enters.

I'd imagine I'll be punished for this post, but it's my honest appraisal. I think this board has taken a turn for the worst since juliann reappeared and started posting much more often. The entire tone and feel of the board has changed over these last months and every thread she enters involves contention and rudeness after she enters them. I hope there's a solution here, but a one sided discussion isn't the way to resolve it, in my opinion.
"

Link to thread:
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/691 ... y-mormons/
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Juliann Gets Her Comeuppance Over On MD&D

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I thought Robert Smith's response was interesting.....

" Open debate is no threat to the truth."

They know they are welcome to come here to the Celestial and won't get banned, and we will almost go easy on em, except for pointing out the truth against their unsupportable claims..... :lol: But they don't show up here. Hmmmmmm...... I suspect what he means is.....

" Open moderated debate is no certainly a threat help to the our apologetic defense of the truth.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

How did she get her comeuppance? She still has free reign to be an insufferable cow, others are White Knighting for her, and the status quo has been maintained. If anything, this just goes to show that she can pretty much do whatever she wants with regard to shutting down anything she considers uncivil or dissent-y.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Cam! :smile:

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:She still has free reign to be an insufferable cow

- Doc

That was very offensive!

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Juliann whines and complains because she can't defend her church's silly claims. Posters go there and point out the church's faults and weaknesses and she can't deal with it and gets frustrated. I know it is tough dealing with the reality that the church isn't what it claims to be, but that is what it is. She doesn't want to admit it or cannot admit it. However, that is why she acts the way she does, in my opinion. I think frustration with the indefensible claims is why a lot of the vehement defenders act the way they do over there.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:How did she get her comeuppance?

I guess I should have said "attempted" comeuppance. But at least someone stood up to her and dared to say what many would like to tell her. It was left up for long enough that it got a lot of views and even some likes.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Exiled wrote:I think frustration with the indefensible claims is why a lot of the vehement defenders act the way they do over there.

I think the Reformed Latin motto, in that case, is "Ad Hominem, Ad Hominum, ADD Homonym".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I read the mod response to ALarson:
Your post was removed because it was a personal attack.... All personal attacks are being removed now along with people who make them. This is not a free speech zone.
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/691 ... ns/?page=6
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

From Calm, (the Freudian slip bolded):
Since this was returned, I assume it is acceptable to discuss.

"Then she laughs or mocks anyone who infers that she's a mod here."

The context of this is that on another board there are a number of posts creating some elaborate (in my view) explanations of both myself and Juliann being moderators and how and why we ban people.

If you make the assumptions we are not mods, it is rather humorous. We find it amusing because we know I have never been a mod on this board and Juliann hasn't been moderating for eons (as she explained, she has been mod in the past). We have to be sociopathic in order to fit many of the claims being made. We may do too many jokes between the two of us, but it is impossible to take seriously at this point.

"But if she's trying to silence any who disagree with her"

There have been masses of people who disagree with Juliann (and plenty of others). It has always been about how disagreement is expressed.

The use of the royal we is pretty funny, too.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Denial of who the moderators are at Mormon D&D is covered under the doctrine of "Lying for the Board".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace